“The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread so that I could try the product and share information about the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest and my thoughts and information about Arnold®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Arnold® Bread.”
You may have guessed already how much I love Arnold® Bread’s. I’ve shared their Healthfull® line with a delicious Old Fashioned Bread Pudding recipe and their latest bread, the New Arnold® Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat. Now in featuring the Arnold®’s “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest, I have my favorite favorite Tuna Salad sandwich recipe to share with you!
A few years ago my husband turned my boring tuna salad recipe into a simply made masterpiece. It is so good that most of the time I am not even patient enough to wait for the bread to toast. I’ll eat it out of the mixing bowl. In fact, you are lucky that this bowl even made it long enough for pictures!
To start off any good sandwich, you need the best bread. For my family that is Arnold®’s Natural Wheat or Whole Grains: 12 Grain. Although here in the Midwest it is called Brownberry® and you might find it in your part of the world as Oroweat®. They’re all the same family and all of their breads and Sandwich Thins® are Trans Fat Free, Corn Syrup Free, Cholesterol Free and contain whole grains. These are heart healthy breads! You can use my favorite or choose your personal favorite.
You will also need the following ingredients to make 4 Sandwiches:
- 2 Cans of Tuna in Water not Oil
- 1 Large Dill Pickle (or 2 regular size)
- 1/4 Cup of Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise (not Salad Dressing)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4tsp Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (Optional – for Spicey!)
- Lettuce slices for 4 Sandwiches
- Brownberry® Natural Wheat Bread (Or your choice of Arnold® Bread)
Prep the necessary ingredients by dicing the pickle into small pieces, mincing the red onion and draining the tuna.
Mix all of the ingredients together except for the Lettuce.
While you are mixing, toast your Natural Wheat bread slices in a toaster or toaster oven and then set aside. I try to time this so the bread is still warm when I add the tuna salad.
Place lettuce slices on the toasted bread and then an ice cream scoop size amount of tuna salad. Now you have a home classic sandwich with a few extra touches and a lot of love!
If you have a new twist to an old favorite sandwich you should consider entering the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest. There are a few different styles of sandwiches they are looking for this year.
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize! All entries will be accepted until August 21st. Online consumer voting will take place between September 26th – October 23rd and then the winners will be announced on Natural Sandwich Day (November 3rd)!
The most wonderful part is that Arnold® bread will be donating one (1) loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest.
To get you started on making your Better Sandwich, I have a great giveaway to offer! One of my readers has the chance to win:
- Six coupons, each valid for $5.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice
- Six coupons, each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice
- $25 Visa gift card to use towards ingredients for their favorite sandwiches
All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter Form below and dream up your best Better Sandwich. Good Luck!