I was given the opportunity to test out the New System Mechanic 11 PC Performance Package, the updated version from what Sarah reviewed this past December. The New System Mechanic 11 introduces Real-Time Performance Optimization Technology, unique innovations to AcceleWrite™, patented maintenance technology and enhanced intelligence. Here is a breakdown of the Key Features:
- AcceleWrite™ – Revolutionary real-time, always-on technology included in System Mechanic 11 optimizes data storage as it happens. AcceleWrite works with both solid-state drives (SSDs) and traditional hard drives, ensuring that files are written with maximum efficiency to improve overall data transfer speed. This unique technology can significantly increase overall system responsiveness, lower both mechanical and solid state hard drive wear, and eliminate the need for any retrospective optimization (such as disk defragmentation) altogether.
- More Powerful Start-up Optimization – Start-up optimization in System Mechanic 11 is both simpler and more powerful for extra system horsepower. Reengineered technology makes it easier to achieve accelerated system start-up speeds and re-inject resources back into foreground programs and tasks throughout the day.
- Full Windows 8 Integration – System Mechanic is now fully tuned for and compatible with all Microsoft operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8. The new version is fully designed to effectively fix, optimize, and maintain issues unique to Windows 8, with added options and underlying research to keep the latest Windows iteration firing on all cylinders.
- Thousands of Additional Tune-up Definitions™ – With iolo Labs continuously classifying new and changing threats to PC performance, System Mechanic 11 is now fueled by more than 30,000 independently identified solutions to common issues that arise from everyday computer use. This constantly growing body of knowledge (delivered from iolo in the form of automatic weekly data updates) makes all of System Mechanic’s tools and functions that rely on it more effective than ever.
- Additional Dashboard Control and Streamlined Setup – System Mechanic 11’s primary command center has been expanded to include easy access to more commonly used tools, at-a-glance status on key functionality, and one-click control of automatic maintenance features. System Mechanic 11 also provides single-step options for the most recommended configurations under a wide variety of environments. This simpler and more efficient installation and upgrade process takes the guesswork out of software setup.
- Unlimited Home Licensing – With iolo’s industry-first Whole Home Licensing, non-commercial users can install and use the software on as many of their home computers as they own, without paying additional fees or running out of activations.
- More Powerful Malware Protection – iolo System Shield®, included in System Mechanic Pro, now encompasses even more effective defense technology designed to identify and neutralize the latest malware and other threats. With enhanced memory processing, heuristic pattern matching, and reduced resource usage, System Shield ensures maximum protection while staying out of the way.
- Hundreds of Universal Improvements – System Mechanic 11 also incorporates a multitude of other improvements, enhancements, stability augmentations, and general updates, for the most effective and reliable performance optimization product to date.
I think the most impressive thing to me about System Mechanic 11 is the ease of using the software. I was actually capable of running it AND doing my work on the blog at the same time without slowing anything down. That’s something that’s been impossible for me and any other software protection, update and/or cleaning tools. I found that quite remarkable! I took some screen shots to show how easy it was to use.
This is the first screen after you log in. Here it shows that System Analysis is Required and the overall health of my computer. Clicking Analyze now does a complete rundown of everything.
It scans for any excessive clutter as well as various other necessary things to accelerate the speed of my computer, unnecessary items that may be running in the background and hazards.
It will then ask if I want them repaired and after clicking yes, it gives a status screen of it’s progress.
The nice thing is, after it’s finished repairing everything it gives a rundown of everything it fixed. This way I know exactly what System Mechanic is doing at all times. There is nothing worse than being completely worried that all the sudden some software program is going to randomly delete everything on your computer. It’s happened! So… I really appreciated the fact that System Mechanic 11 has outlines like this for everything they are doing.
Now you can see that my System Status is Good! You can also see other areas that I can work on.
- Performing Deep Analysis for a more thorough diagnosis.
- A System Restart for repairs that won’t take effect until I’ve done so.
- Boost Speed and stability by removing redundant programs.
- Install Updated Drivers.