|I chose a fake name I heard on TV for safety purposes|
My son starts Kindergarten in a week, sniff sniff. He’s not all that thrilled so I’ve been trying to come up with ways to get him excited for school. I remembered something I saw a long time ago and decided we’d give it a try. This simple Crayon Wreath is only $3. We made one for his teacher and plan to make one for him as well.
- Crayons (we bought a big box from the dollar store)
- Glue Gun
- Ribbon (school theme $1 at Michael’s)
- Foam Floral Ring or Wood Floral Ring (both $1, wooden one was at Michael’s)
1. This craft was really simple and fun to make. Simply glue crayons around the foam/wood circle.
2. Add stickers of your choice. We went with ABC because I had some foam stickers, you can get creative though and use any school related things like apples, rulers, chalkboard, books, etc.
3. Add small piece of ribbon and spell out your teacher’s name or your child’s name if you are keeping it for your child. If you don’t want to use the teacher’s name you could always put something like #1 Teacher.
4. Glue the school themed ribbon onto the back so the wreath can hang on the door or wall.
5. Don’t forget to make it personal and write your child’s name and date on the back as well as any little message you’d like.
I just thought this turned out super cute! My son loved it as well and wants his own so we are gonna go buy another wood ring to make his tomorrow. Any little thing to get him excited about school works for me! His teacher is coming over for a home visit so he is really excited to give it to her.
I am excited to see what this school year brings. I hope everyone’s children have a wonderful 2013 school year!