When I was a little girl, we used to catch crabs on the seaside in Maryland. We’d use these pieces of string and chicken legs and when the crab was close enough, we’d snatch it up in a net. My Father would cook them and we’d all hide away in the other room because we didn’t like the sound they made, but afterwards there would be fresh crab on the table and McCormick Season Salt. For some reason that Season Salt had embedded itself into my memory all these years, as well as my siblings. It became the core spice for all of our meat dishes and when I grew up and had gotten my first apartment, my very first spice cabinet, McCormick’s Spices (in all their varied flavors) became my kitchen essential. Needless to say, I’m a big fan of the Brand.
|My Messy Spice Cabinet|
I was really excited to be given the opportunity to tell you about McCormick’s New My Look Book feature for Spring Recipes. If you visit Great Spring Flavors, you’ll see their Look Book of Recipes.
|I chose Festive Meringue Cookies.|
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Vanilla Extract (took away Poppy Seeds and Added Vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- McCormick® Red Food Coloring (Added McCormick Red Food Coloring for Swirls!)
- Greased & Floured Loaf Pan instead of Cupcake Cups – You can still do it in the Cupcake Cups.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 325′. Mix all the ingredients together.
- After mixing all the ingredients together, pour the mix into the Greased & Floured Loaf Pan OR Cupcake Cups if you are using them.
I added Swirls!
- Put in the oven for 18 to 23 minutes for Cupcakes and 50 minutes for a Loaf Pan (or until you can place a fork into the middle and it comes out clean).
You can also make or purchase a glaze for the top. It is very, very delicious!
I really like the My Look Book. It takes me forever to locate certain recipes and it certainly makes it easier if they are all in one place! The recipes that McCormick’s offers are simple, they look absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to try some more of them out! Especially the Lasagna Formaggio, because I just got a cheese making kit and one of the cheeses is for Ricotta, I needed a good recipe!
Connect: You can connect with McCormick on their Facebook Page. You can also Register and there is an option for doing survey’s and tests on New Products! I am excited! And of course you can work on your My Look Book on McCormick’s Spring Look Book features.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating.