~I wrote this post in partnership with Choice Hotels. Opinions and stories are my own.~
Vacation season is approaching and my whole family could not be more excited! We normally do several smaller vacations of a couple nights here and there to check out new cities and get away from our normal routine. When traveling we always try and get the best deal and one way to do that is to sign up for loyalty points programs so that you are earning rewards while staying at the hotels you normally would anyway. Choice Hotels has recently announced a series of bold, exciting and completely unique changes to their rewards program, bringing greater and faster value to their over 25 million Choice Privileges members. Some of these new and improved perks include free nights at discounted point levels, instant digital gift cards, and points that never expire!
Some of the new benefits include:
- Your Extras. Weekday travelers can earn a special reward — a little something ‘extra’ — right when they check in. For each qualifying stay that includes at least 1 weekday night (any night Sun. through Thurs.), the member can earn a special reward of their choice. U.S members have 5 options, varying from Fuel Rewards® savings at participating Shell locations to Amazon.com credit. International members have 2 options: 500 bonus points or 100 airline miles from participating airline carriers.
- FlexRewards. Get to a free night faster— Members can redeem points for free nights at discounted point levels at participating hotels, varying by season. There will be up to 2,000 hotels reduced during either the weekdays or weekend at any time.
- Digital Gift Cards. The first hotel company to offer immediate in-app gift card downloads, Choice Privileges members can receive instant gratification with new digital gift cards.
- Keep Your Points. As long as members stay active by completing a qualifying activity at least once every 18 months, they get to keep their points.
- 10 Points per Dollar. All 5,500 Choice Hotels now earn 10 points per dollar spent – including economy and extended stay hotels, such as MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn. And, during our award winning promotions, it is now easier than ever to qualify since members no longer need to stay two consecutive nights at economy brands.
And yes…they do have an app for that! Extra nice when you are planning your next stays when not in front of the computer. Find and book hotels, view and change reservations and access your choice account so you can keep track of your points and rewards.
I like a loyalty program that gives me more and faster perks starting right when you join. They have built these new features around guests, and they want you to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever your travels take you. I like that there is some flexibility to how you want to spend your rewards so you can use them when you want to and how you want to. For full information about the new Choice Privileges rewards program, visit www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges and sign up is FREE!
I have amazing memories traveling and staying overnight in hotels with my family from when I was little. My girls think hotels are awesome and I hope they will have fond memories of all this travel when they are older. Time to book your dream vacation for the whole family to enjoy and earn some rewards at the same time!