~I received Dept. of Sweet Diversions samples for the purpose of reviewing. Opinions and stories are my own.~
Sometimes I feel like it is my mission to find tasty foods for my family that are also of high quality and an overall healthier choice. My more recent find is the jams from Department of Sweet Diversions. All of their jam is made by hand in small batches using traditional techniques and I can tell its top quality just by looking at it and of course by tasting it.
Each flavor features organic ingredients and is completely free of preservatives. Nothing is processed and even the pectic (used for canning fruits/jams) is homemade. The fruits and herbs are locally sourced from Farmer’s Markets within a 12 mile radius of their commercial kitchen.
Department of Sweet Diversions’ jam flavors include:
- Operation Peppercorn: fresh strawberries with balsamic vinegar and black pepper
- The Grand Scheme: fresh strawberries and Grand Marnier Liqueur
- The Return of Mr. Bartlett: Bartlett pears with chestnut honey & vanilla bean
- Bartlett’s Stepchild: Bartlett pears with acacia honey & fresh ginger
- Master of Disguise: tomato infused with fresh basil and combined with balsamic vinegar & red pepper flakes
- The Cocoa Caper: oranges & chocolate, a British-inspired flavor
- The Suite Surprise: apple butter sweetened with agave, with a special blend of spices, and a dash of Brandy added for good measure
- The Sanguine Seduction: fancy blood oranges infused with vanilla bean
- Rule of Plum: Black splendor plums combined cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, mace, ginger and cloves
I like that when I look at the jam you can see the seeds and it is a little chunky with fruit…that is one way to tell you have the good stuff! I also like it on crackers with cheese as an afternoon snack. My husband likes his with ice cream.
It feels like there are so many processed foods out there and I will admit my children eat plenty of them but I still try and make the right food choices for my family whenever I can. These simple yet delicious jams are perfect on toast and in my opinion taste better than processed jellies and jams out there! My girls eagerly ask for these jams for their morning toast. The only problem is I want to keep the jar all to myself!
Connect: You can connect with Department of Sweet Diversions on their website, Facebook and Twitter.