DisneyNature compels us again to walk into the natural world and re-discover life through the eyes of its inhabitants. In Chimpanzee you meet Oscar, an adorable young chimp who sees the world as a playground and enjoys his life with his family and friends. From the same people who brought you Earth, Oceans and African Cats, now we’re invited into the depths of the African Forest to watch the heartwarming tale of a small chimp and his amazing journey.
- See ‘Chimpanzee,’ Save Chimpanzees” – This feature details the “See ‘Chimpanzee,’ Save Chimpanzees” conservation program and how for every copy of the film purchased until August 27, 2012, Disneynature will make a donation to JGI to protect chimpanzees today and tomorrow. The feature also includes an interview with Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace.
- Disney’s Friends for Change – This feature highlights Disney’s Friends for Change, a program that showcases steps that kids and families can take to make a positive impact on the world and the people and animals that live there.
- Disney’s Conservation Legacy – This feature provides a look at the conservation efforts that Disney sponsors around the world.
- Everything on the DVD
- ON LOCATION: THE MAKING OF “CHIMPANZEE” is a series of exciting short features that delve further into the incredible lengths the filmmakers went to tell the story of Oscar and his chimpanzee family.
- 30 Years in the Making – The story of the team of researchers who have been observing chimpanzees in the Ivory Coast for 30 years.
- The Heart of the “Chimpanzee” – A behind-the-scenes look at how and why the film was made.
- Piece of the Puzzle – A cameraman’s two-hour daily trek through the forest to get to the chimpanzees.
- Don’t Blame the Tool – An observation of the chimpanzees’ daily lives and how they use rocks as tools to prepare their food.
- Scar’s Army – An inside look at the struggles between the film’s two rival chimpanzee groups who share the same forest home.
- Camp Invaders – A featurette on all the creepy, crawly creatures found at the filmmakers’ forest camp.
- Forest of Bees – A feature detailing how the crew spent two days wading through a sea of bees that inhabited their filming location in order to capture 20 seconds of footage.
- “Rise” Music Video – A music video featuring Hollywood Records recording artists McClain Sisters who wrote and performed the inspirational song that plays during the film’s end credits.
- Behind the Scenes of “Rise” – An inside look at McClain Sisters music video shoot.
Purchase: You can currently pick Chimpanzee up on Amazon at a pre-release sale for $22.99 (Retail Price: $39.99).
Connect: You can watch more videos and find out how you can get involved by visiting DisneyNature!
I did not receive a product for this promotion. The information was provided to me, opinions are my own.