Charles Dickens-inspired classic holiday story “The Muppet Christmas Carol”, is celebrating its 20th anniversary by debuting on Blu-ray November 6th.
And now, a word from Gonzo: Greetings, holiday movie fans and lovers of culture, I am Gonzo … or perhaps better known to fans of this classic motion picture as literary legend Charles Dickens. Are you ready to laugh, cry, sing, frolic, cavort and enjoy yourself beyond belief!? Well, you’re in luck, because this 20th Anniversary Edition of Disney’s “The Muppet Christmas Carol” is guaranteed to put you in the holiday spirit that will stay with you forever—or at least until your Aunt Edna starts complaining that nobody is eating the fruitcake she brought … again!
I think just about everyone has seen some version of the classic, A Christmas Carol. I know I’ve seen several different ones over the years. It’s just not Christmas without watching this classic. I have always loved the Muppets too, especially Gonzo. I was thrilled to be able to see The Muppet Christmas Carol! I have actually never seen it before. Like I said Gonzo is my favorite so I was happy to see him doing all the narrating as well.
I actually invited my brother over to watch this with us because he is a big Muppets fan as well. We all had a great time watching this classic. My daughter just loved Miss Piggy who was playing Emily Cratchet. My son of course loved Kermit the Frog who was Bob Cratchet. There is just something about watching the Muppets that makes me feel like a kid again. Plus watching A Christmas Carol just reminds you of what is important this time of year. It is great for the kids to watch because they need to know that it’s not all about money and presents, it’s about family as well.
- Disney Intermission—An all-new bonus feature. When the film is paused, fans can watch and “cluck-a-long” to five classic holiday-themed songs performed by the Muppets Chickens and chums.
- Audio Commentary—All-new audio commentary with fan-favorite characters, Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, and more, all reflecting on their experience making “The Muppet Christmas Carol.”
- Frogs, Pigs and Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic. A Behind the Scenes Look—Hosted by director Brian Henson, Gonzo and Rizzo fans go behind-the-scenes of the making of “The Muppet Christmas Carol.” Blooper Reel: “On the Set”
- Bloopers from the set of the film.
- Pepe Profiles Gonzo: “Portrait of the Artist as a Young Weirdo”—A Special look at the man, the myth, the legend the Great Gonzo, hosted by the one and only Pepe the King Prawn.
- Christmas Around the World—Gonzo and Rizzo take a look at how Christmas is celebrated all over the planet.
I received a copy for review. Opinions are my own or my families and are not influenced by any form of compensation.