I have always loved making presents for people, it started because I never had money to buy everyone presents and now I enjoy it. We were trying to come up with something for my son’s teacher this year, a DIY Christmas Gifts idea. This project was so easy to do!
- Empty, DRY Water Bottle
- Mini Marshmallows
- Googly Eyes
- Buttons or Misc Items
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pipe Cleaners
- Hot Chocolate Pouch
TIP: After removing the label, be sure to check where the date is stamped on the bottle. I did not notice the date until after we glued all our supplies on!
- Fill empty bottle with mini marshmallows. We actually had to go back and add more to it afterwards, I guess the marshmallows settled some.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach eyes, nose, and buttons. You can use any little art supplies you have laying around to do this. We used a marker to draw on a mouth
- My son really wanted his snowman to have arms so we used pipe cleaners for the arms.
- Use a hole punch and punch a hole in the top of the hot chocolate pack, be sure to do it high enough you don’t poke a hole in the packet.
- Use a pipe cleaner and put it through the hole in the hot chocolate. Tie the pipe cleaner around his neck like a scarf.
- Paint the bottle cap black like a top hat.
You can attach a note as well if you like or add a gift card or anything else you choose. We had a lot of fun making this! His teacher loved it too!