~I received Balloon Time Samples for the purpose of reviewing. Opinions and stories are my own.~
My kids have been perfecting their costumes, practicing their perfect trick-or-treat routines and now we are ready to start decorating for the big night. Balloon Time has the perfect DIY decoration ideas for Halloween! From Jack-o-Lanterns, Ghost balloons and Trick-or-Treat letters you can easily bring your Halloween celebration to life with these easy and fun projects.
I have been using Balloon Time and their helium tanks for birthday parties for years but I have not used them for holidays until now. It gives you a convenient alternative to transporting pre-inflated balloons and the ability to make them exactly how you want them. The tanks are lightweight, disposable, easy to use and recyclable.
My girls decided they wanted their own ghosts to line the walkway for Halloween. I decided to try out a few practice ones to show you. Here are the instructions from Studio DIY which are straight from the website here.
- Inflate the balloons with the Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with ribbon.
- Fold a sheet of tissue paper in half lengthwise (hot dog style), and then fold it into thirds widthwise. Cut a scalloped edge along the bottom of your tissue paper.
- Unfold your tissue and cut into two, down the length of your first fold. You will use one for each ghost.
- Place a few pieces of double-sided tape along the non-scalloped edge of your tissue and adhere it around the center of the balloon. If the tissue does not reach all the way around, you can add a smaller piece to fill in the gap.
- Draw your faces! Use a black marker to draw eyes, sunglasses, a mouth—whatever you so choose. You can also cut pink tongues, red hearts or other “accessories” out of vinyl and attach them to the balloon for an extra pop of color.
- Tie your ghosts together or place them individually along your driveway, by your front door or around your party. You could even leave them face-less and let guests draw their own and take it home as a Halloween party favor.
With a 4 and 7 year old helper I think it turned out pretty good. As it blows in the wind it looks even more like a ghost floating along. They wanted this one kind of scary but the beauty of these is that you can make several and each person can decorate them the way they want to. We love it!
The helium balloon kits are available at a variety of retailers including party stores worldwide. Have fun decorating!