Sometimes I really want a steak, but I can’t really afford to get my whole family juicy rib-eyes. The way I make up for it is by making Pepper Steak & Rice! With 1-2 steaks I can feed my family of 4 a nice steak dinner. It’s a great way to have your steak and eat it too. 🙂
Making Pepper Steak & Rice is probably one of the easiest things to whip together when you don’t have a lot of time, but you want a nice dinner. I also included another idea below if you want your steak with potatoes.
- 1 – 2 Steaks (Depends on type, 1 Rib-Eye or Porterhouse is going to be bigger than New York Strips)
- 4c of Wild Rice (or 2 boxes of Rice-A-Roni)
- 6 Sweet Peppers (2 Red, 2 Yellow, 2 Orange)
- 1 tbsp of Italian Dressing
- 1 tsp of Season Salt
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Grapeseed Oil (or Olive Oil)
- Slice your steak and peppers into thin strips and in a bowl mix with the Italian Dressing, Season Salt, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper.
- Allow it to marinate in the spices for 15min and start your rice.
- Add your Grapeseed oil to the skillet and once it is warm, toss in your steak and peppers. Cook until the steak is browned through and tender and your peppers are softened, but slightly crisp. You don’t want mushy peppers.
- Once your rice and steak & peppers are finished, serve with the steak and peppers on top of a bed of rice. Viola!
This doesn’t allow for leftovers, but generally we don’t make steak dinners for left overs. It is just a way to have a treat without breaking the bank. Another idea is to add the Pepper Steak onto a bed of buttered Mashed Potatoes and serve with fresh greenbeans or corn on the side. This is a more filling dinner and allows you to have steak with potatoes!
Have fun cooking!