~I received Chez Marie Veggie Patties for the purpose of reviewing. Opinions, stories and recipes are my own.~
First of all, no, I am not a vegetarian. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like to eat vegetarian foods or incorporate them into our family meals. There are many dishes that are packed full of vitamins and minerals that are great for you! Take for instance Chez Marie whose Homestyle Patties contain Calcium, Iron, Vitamin A & C and are packed with 18% protein from nuts, mushrooms and other organic ingredients.
I was given the opportunity to try Chez Marie Veggie Patties and wanted to do something a little different with them. Anyone could make a good Veggie Burger using any of the flavors, so I decided to try them with two of my favorite foods – Tacos and Rice.
- The first thing you need to do is thaw out one (or more) of the patties as directed.
- In a skillet, put 1 tbsp of Grape Seed Oil and 2 tbsp of Plum Sauce.
- Cook the Veggie Patty as directed for Stove Top.
- Cook your preferred rice as directed on it’s packaging. I chose to make Basmati Rice.
- Top off with crumbles of Goat Cheese.
- Cook Spicy Bean Patty as directed for Stove Top.
- Warm up your Tostada and crumble the Spicy Bean patty on top.
- Top off with diced lettuce, fresh tomatoes and Queso Fresco cheese.
What I love about these recipes is that you can make it for a singular meal or for a family. Chez Marie also has other flavors!
- Hearty Hempseed
- Wholesome Harvest
- Wow Mushroom
If you aren’t sure what to make, Chez Marie also offers Marie’s Recipes & Community Recipes! I’m currently wanting to try out Marie’s Mushroom Gravy on a new dish! You can see a list of all the ingredients they use on their Ingredients Page, which I was very thankful for. My tot is allergic to Tree Nuts and one of the patties has Pecans. I love that a company is open about the wholesome ingredients they use and the passion towards which they create their products.
I really enjoyed the recipes I decided to change up with Chez Marie Patties and I hope you also like them! You can check out more information about Chez Marie on their About Us, on Facebook and/or @ChezMarie on Twitter!
You can locate a store near you by visiting the Find Us Page as well as checking out possible Events in your area.