I had a family member who posted a fun and creative crafts for kids project on my Facebook page. It is so cute and adorable I just couldn’t help but share it with you! I wish that I would have taken pictures from beginning to end but unfortunately I just took end result pictures, but don’t worry, all of the steps are simple to follow and you can’t mess it up!
- Grab your paper, paints, paint brushes, newspaper and smock
- Pick out your childs favorite colors and begin to lay everything out
- Lay your newspaper down so you don’t make a mess all over your table or floor
- I then taped down my 11×14 size white paper to the newspaper or area I was working on so that my project stayed put
- Grab your old shirt or smock to cover your childs clothes 😉
- On the palm of your child’s hand paint one color (example BLUE)
- On your childs four fingers (don’t paint the thumb) paint them a separate color (example GREEN)
- Then press your child’s hand print down onto the paper
- Do this 4-5 times one right next to the other (after 2 prints I had to apply more paint onto the hand)
- Paint on your Caterpillars head, face and antennas and VOLA there you have it, your cute and adorable Hand Print Caterpillar
They are so cute and adorable; our little hand print caterpillar family! 🙂 I was so happy that my 13-year-old even let me get one from him and now I have one from all of my kiddos. I am so glad that my oldest son loves his mom and didn’t even roll his eyes at me when I asked. God knows I don’t have too many more years of getting his willing participation and involvement! So I am taking complete advantage of his kindness.
So I figured since I have them all and these moments are coming few and far in between, I am going to frame them and put them in my kitchen to stay put forever. I’m sure this may embarrass my son when he brings over his first girlfriend but I don’t see me taking them down any time soon.
Have fun everyone and I hope that you enjoy your Fun at Home Crafts for Kids project!