I picked up some fun crafts books from the Library the other day and realized that my craft box is devoid of any important craft supplies. However, that didn’t stop me from making some neat crafts over the weekend with my tot! They make not look as cool as the ones in the book that had an entire assortment of bobbles, but we loved making it together and it was done with stuff around the house! Here is how you can make a Choo-Choo Train too.
- 2 Toilet Paper Tubes
- 1 Paper Towel Tubes
- Pipe Cleaners (String, Ribbon or Shoelaces)
- Construction Paper (or regular Paper)
- Markers (or Crayons)
- Tape (or Glue)
- Cut the Paper Towel Tube into 3 even pieces.
- Color all the rolls different colors and have Construction Paper to match.
- Make a little Train Top by folding the matching color for the front of the train and adding little squares for windows. Tape onto the first tube.
- Cut out the Construction paper into rectangles that fit each tube and tape one rectangle to each side of the matching colored tube.
- Color wheels on the outside of each of the rectangles.
- Take a Pipe Cleaner and tape from the inside of the first train to the next train and so on. I had to use 3 Pipe Cleaners to get to the end of the train.
We had a lot of fun putting it together and it actually scoots along the floor. He was even so sweet to tell me it looked just like Thomas! It may be like when kids think we sound beautiful when we’re singing off-key, but it sure warms my heart.
We also made a Monster Truck from Construction Paper and pretty soon we’re going to make Rockets!
Do you have any cute paper craft ideas for us?