Future Fortified is a campaign of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN). We help millions of women and children in developing countries get access to the essential nutrients they need to lead healthy, enriched lives. Our goal is to increase access to improved nutrition for 50 million women and children by 2015.
Over 2 billion women and children in developing countries are malnourished, without the basic nutrients that we take for granted every day; vitamin A, iodine, iron, zinc, and folic acid. Proteins and simple fats that we might find everyday in our foods they have less or no access to. Most believe that Malnutrition is the single worst threat to the world’s public health.
Having these essential nutrients fends off disease, allows people the basic need to live strong and healthy lives which builds and strengthens communities. Investing in nutrition assistance has been found to be one of the most cost effective ways of assisting developing countries as it provides a better future for the people and begins with the first 1000 days in the womb.
- Nearly 2 billion people around the world suffer from a lack of proper nutrition.
- Globally, 1 in 3 of all childhood deaths are due to maternal & child undernutrition while malnutrition contributes to 3.5 million maternal and childhood deaths each year.
- 11% of diseases globally are caused by undernutrition.
- 60% of the developing world is physically stunted which is generally caused by diets that are lacking sufficient nutrients and by high rates of infectious disease.
Here is how you can help.
- Sign Up: Join the campaign at FutureFortified.org.
- Assist: Help Future Fortified, one country at a time, build stronger communities by engaging, investing, sharing information about Future Fortified and even shopping!
- Rewards: You can gain Rewards – Engage & Earn, through the first ever non-profit loyalty program.
- Shop: Purchase Items through Shopping Fortified.
- Connect:Stay informed through Facebook, Twitter and/or Membership.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf Future Fortified. To thank me for my contribution, Mom Central donated $20 to the Future Fortified campaign.