Every so often Gooseberry Patch puts out a great free e-book! As it is still summer, and this one is all about BBQ, I thought I would share a recipe that was sent to me along with the information to download the book!
It’s a cookout! Gather your family & friends to savor this collection of 25 of our most taste-tempting recipes for grilling and barbecue favorites…from Hawaiian Grilled Pork Chops and Sensational Sirloin Kabobs to Dijon Grilled Fish and more!
Circle of Friends Barbecue Recipes is available for FREE until 9/28/13, so make sure to grab it before the deal expires! It is available on: Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Sony and Kobo.
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 3 T. brown sugar, packed
- 3 T. white vinegar
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. seasoned salt
- 1/2 t. garlic pepper
- 1/2 c. lemon-lime soda
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin steak cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 2 green peppers, cubed
- 2 yellow peppers, cubed
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms (stems removed)
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- cooked rice
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, seasonings and soda in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange steak in a large plastic zipping bag. Pour soy sauce mixture over steak, reserving 1/2 cup for basting. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- Alternately thread steak, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Place on a lightly greased grill over high heat. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, to desired doneness.
- Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over cooked rice.
- This is not my recipe. It was provided to me and comes from the Gooseberry Patch: Circle of Friends - Barbecue Recipes e-Book.