Green Apple Supply began as a family endeavor to eat healthy, natural organic foods that grew into a much larger enterprise of helping families everywhere by providing eco-friendly cleaning/office supplies, household goods, toys and much more. Their passion towards offering clean wholesome products is wonderfully admirable. We are all faced with certain responsibilities in caring for our home, our planet, Green Apple Supply takes on that responsibility with a lot of compassion towards every family.
I was given the opportunity to review a few of the products from their Toy section for our Holiday Gift Guide this year. I wanted to share with you how products at home can become wonderful learning tools as well as family projects that teach eco-friendly fun! I found the perfect balance of these two in their ‘Toy Smith Green Science’ brand, specifically the Windmill Generator and the Weather Station!
Both of these projects only require a 2 liter bottle to create and most of our homes have them! They’re not very difficult projects, my husband and tot put them together.
- The Windmill Generator teaches children about renewable energy. The kit makes a 5″ generator that powers an LED light using wind power! My son loves to spin the Windmill or put it in front of the fan on a less than windy day and watch the generator light the bottle. It’s really fascinating for kids to learn about electricity and how they can create it by something as simple as the breath from their bodies!
- The Weather Station is an environmental science kit that teaches children about climate and also how to conduct experiments on the greenhouse effect. It comes complete with a temperature gauge, anemometer, rain gauge, weather vane as well as a compass. Inside of the 2 liter bottle you can grow a plant that helps you teach/learn about the greenhouse effect and measure how climate affects your little ‘greenhouse’.
The anemometer doesn’t actually have the gauge on it to really tell the wind pressure or speed, but my tot thinks it is the best thing ever. He likes to blow on it and see how fast he can get the ‘wind’ to blow. We’re still waiting on our little plant to grow at the moment, but we’re working towards teaching about the earth and climate!
We currently have them inside because the wind picked up and knocked them down. You want to make sure to find a secure place to put them outside and you might even consider ‘planting’ the Weather Station partially in the ground to keep it upright if you want to check the temperature with your kids everyday!
Some other great Green Science Activity Kits for home are:
- Spinning Top Generator – Teaches children about electromagnetism.
- Enviro Battery – Teach kids about electricity through lighting a bulb or sounding a buzzer with a potato!
- Eco Science Toys – Learn the principles of recycling trash into interesting toys like a hover device, cyclone tube, speed racer, robot and more!
There are also many other toys for boys and girls of all ages, from dolls, houses and trucks; to games and science projects. They have products from infant to school age, all of which are eco-friendly.
There are also multiple items for the home that are environmentally safe, cleaning and office supplies, art supplies, jewelry and even ornaments (for those who celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc)!
Coming into another Holiday Season and a New Year following, it’s a great endeavor to try and be more responsible and passionate about taking care of our home and finding ways we can teach our children the elementals of being eco-friendly. This is a wonderful place to start and I think a fantastic place for gifts for any member of the family.
Connect: You can connect with Green Apply Supply on their Facebook Page and/or @GreenAppleSuppl on Twitter!
Purchase: The Windmill Generator and the Weather Station can be purchased for just over $9.00 at Green Apple Supply!