Some of the holiday fun me and my family share with friends are playing games whether it is goofy fun games or games that make us laugh til we cry. This has all of those game loving qualities. Now when me and our dear friends played it we were only a group of 4. The game does ask that you have at least 6 players to play the game. I must admit even without 6 players, as a group of 4, we had tons of fun with this game to.
How to Play:
- Split into teams of three or more. Be creative – brown vs. blue eyes, right vs. left-handed, dark vs. milk chocolate lovers. Decide on a number of rounds or a point target to win.
- 1 word guessed correctly = 1 point. Each team has one minute to guess as many words as possible. If the acting team doesn’t like a word, they can pass – but only one pass per round.
- Each team selects a guesser (everyone gets a turn guessing) and the rest of the team acts out the words. The other team holds the word cards for only the actors to see and flips the enclosed timer.
- Shhh! Not a peep among the team members acting. You lose a point if you speak or “mouth” any words to each other or the guesser. Use of objects (or even people) in the room is definitely permitted.
- Ready, set, go! Tally up points each round on a scorepad. The first team to your target wins (unless, of course, your team is losing – then you can always suggest extending “one more round”)!
It may have taken us a little bit longer to guess since we were minus a few players but no fun was lost during our game time with Reverse Charades.
In the Holiday Expansion Pack the cards have holiday related words on them and some of them are really hard to guess. Mistletoe, Three Wise Men and Snowball fight are some of the example words on the cards. The Expansion Pack includes 220 cards.
Holiday Edition—The perfect stocking stuffer to make your parties and family gatherings even merrier and brighter with holiday-themed words like: Frosty the Snowman, mistletoe, snowball fight, sleigh ride, piñata and 10 Lords a-leaping.
This video is hilarious and shows you how much fun this game is! Now there are different games to choose from. Which are Junior Edition, Original, Stand Up and more.
- The Original edition contains 720 words in its own grab-and-go box with colorful sand timer- insane fun for hours!
- The Junior edition is specifically for kids ages 6+; guaranteed laugh out loud craziness
- New French and Dutch editions: if you dont already speak French or Dutch, you may be able to after playing ‘Stand Up‘ or ‘Get Moving.’
There are also different Expansion Packs to: Girl’s Night Out, Sports Edition and of course Holiday Edition.
- Girls’ Night In Edition—Strut your stuff at your next girls-only party with outrageously fun women-themed words like: mani-pedi, blind date, Charlie’s Angels, shaving legs, aerobics and soccer mom. A portion of the sales of this edition goes to support breast cancer research.
- Sports Edition—Get ready to rumble at tailgate parties and victory celebrations with athletic-themed words like: grand slam, fumble, Olympic torch, 7th inning stretch, synchronized swimming, kickboxing and tag team wrestling.
- Holiday Edition—The perfect stocking stuffer to make your parties and family gatherings even merrier and brighter with holiday-themed words like: Frosty the Snowman, mistletoe, snowball fight, sleigh ride, piñata and 10 Lords a-leaping.
Pocket Sized Editions — Reverse Charades app for Apple and Android
Now the power of an unforgettable party fits in the palm of your hand. Whether planning a vacation getaway or creating a game night on the fly, the new app will supercharge the fun! Instantly accessible and weightless, the new app provides over 1,000 words from the original, junior, Awesome 80s, Sports, Girls Night In and Holiday editions. The Reverse Charades app is available in both the Apple App Store and the Droid Play Store.
Looking for something fun and thrilling for a New Years Eve Party, well here it is and your guests will love it. We are the fun loving game family, so if you are too then I know that you will enjoy this just as much, if not more than we have! Treat yourself to a gift that you will enjoy for years to come. Happy Holidays!