Sorry that I haven’t posted up any new homemade baby food recipes, as we all know life takes us by the hand at times and sweeps us away. This is one of the last puree recipes that I had done for my almost 1-year-old daughter. She since then has graduated to finger foods and is absolutely loving all of the new and exciting foods that there are for her to try!
I will soon be posting her Sweet Potato Pancake recipe and Muffins. They are her favorite finger foods that I have made for her yet! So keep an out for those to come.
I made enough for a weeks worth of food and it was gone in no time flat. My baby girl just loves this combination of flavors together. I tried it as well and it was so delicious! Now you can add Pear instead of Apples or Green Beans in place of the Peas, just play around with it and have fun cooing your baby fresh baby food. Don’t forget a little bit goes a long way. I used frozen Peas but you can use fresh if they are available in your area or even canned Peas if you absolutely have to, just remember your sodium content will go up with a canned product and may affect the taste as well as the refrigerator life.
- Thoroughly cleanse fresh spinach and peas (pick out any damaged leaves of spinach)
- Prepare your apple, peel and dice into small quarters for quick cooking
- I then placed my Peas and Apples into the same small sauce pan with just a touch of water to coat the bottom of the pan
- Place the lid onto the sauce pan and in about 5 minutes your peas and apples will be cooked through
- I added the spinach in last because spinach cooks faster than the peas and apples will
- The spinach will shrink and appear wilted when done
- DO NOT USE THE COOKING WATER TO PUREE
- Drain and puree all items in your blender or food processor
- Add fresh water until mixture is of the desired consistency
And there you have it, a fresh, easy and delicious meal for your little one to enjoy! These recipes are not time-consuming at all, so don’t be afraid to give them a shot! When your little one is down for a nap take 10-15 minutes aside and get to cooking your very own fresh baby food. Have Fun and Enjoy 🙂