Here are some homemade holiday gift ideas that you can craft for family and friends this holiday season.
Gifts you can make in a mason jar (this is one of my favorites!)
There are so many different things you can make using mason jars, from food mixes, beauty products, and home accents. If you don’t have any jars on hand, check your local thrift or antique store to pick up a few used ones. Quick wash and you are good to go!
This is a simple and tasty treat anyone will love.
- Find your favorite cookie recipe, whether it be a family recipe or cooking site.
- Layer your dry ingredients in a quart-sized Mason Jar.
- Print out our hand write the directions and tie to the jar.
Preserves, Jams, and Jellies
Any foodie on your holiday list will love a homemade jam in a mason jar. Check out this awesome article on How To Make Your Own Fruit Jam In 30 Minutes Or Less. It offers a quick, healthy alternative to the conventional jars of jam or jelly.
- Pick out your favorite homemade jam or jelly recipe. (or salsas and chutneys!)
- Prepare your recipe and fill the clean mason jar.
- You can create a festive tag with a fun name for your recipe and tie to the jar if you like.
Hot Cocoa Mix
Another great treat for the holiday anyone will enjoy is hot cocoa mix. Try this recipe for a decadent holiday treat!
- 6 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, combine powdered milk, chocolate pudding mix, chocolate drink mix powder, creamer, confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa. Divide the mixture between two 1 quart jars. Seal, and decorate as desired. These can be stored in a dry area for up to 3 months.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Hot Cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water.
There are so many different types of jars you can use and craft ideas to fill them with which you can find out there on the web. Check out what others have made and get crafty yourself this holiday!!
This is just the beginning for my Homemade Gifts post. I have so many more that I will be adding but wanted to go ahead and share what I have started. Hope everyone enjoys, and feel free to share your homemade gift idea!