My 6-year-old son, who I have been homeschooling for 2 years now, is getting so big on me! He came to me and wanted to make a Big Book of his Favorites! What a great idea I thought, we had came across one similar during one of his school lesson videos and I had liked the idea of it then too. I guess he has been thinking about it ever since. 🙂 So what does a mom do? Well.. we got started on our Homeschool Crafts!
So the supplies that I used are:
- 2 pieces of cardboard book size
- Hole Punch
- Pencil to pull the ribbon through the holes
- White or any colored Duck Tape
- Scrap Book Paper
- First I cut out the cardboard to a book size, I just used a big box to cut it from, I always have those lying around the house.
- Then my 6-year-old helped me glue on the Scrap Book Decorative Paper to the front and back of each side on the cardboard.
- Then I used the Duck Tape to secure the edges and make nice and neat book corners.
- Using the hole punch I then punched in three holes on the book cover and back cover.
- Adding as many pages as we wanted, I hole punched them separately from the book covers due to the thickness.
- I then inserted the pages inside of the book and began to string my ribbon through.
- With my pencil, this making it easy to push the ribbon through.
- Me and my boy used some sticker letters to decorate the front of the book and then we were all ready to write and fill up our awesome homemade book with all of his Favorite Things.
This was such a great craft and project for him and I to do together, especially since he is homeschooled and probably misses out on some of those fun school crafts that other children his age are doing. Each week we are going to fill a page or two with wonderful pictures and drawings and this is something that he can add to as the months go on.
We hope that you have enjoyed our Homemade activity Book and have fun with yours, add what ever colors are your favorite and design your own book to fit your childs creativeness! Have Fun 🙂