We started home school finally! So I found this great math game that I made for my son today, Scrambled Eggs Math! It’s so much fun! We played four games in a row and my 7-year-old boy just loved beating me in this math game. Okay… maybe mom let him win, just a little…
Supplies to make Scrambled Eggs Math:
- An empty egg carton
- Black Marker
- 2 pennies
- Handful of quarters ( or pennies/beans if you prefer)
- A piece of white paper to write out your math problem on and keep score
Once you have all of your supplies together, use your black marker to write your numbers onto the bottom of each egg cup 1-12. I also put my white piece of paper into a plastic sleeve so that we can reuse it all of the time and not have to waste paper. You might also want to grab a dry erase marker. I also decided to use quarters so that we can also get use to money worth. For each math equation that is correct, each player gets 1 quarter. The first player to reach $1 wins the game. Now you can use tokens, pennies, beans or anything that you would like to keep score with.
How to play:
- Place your 2 pennies into the Egg Carton and close the lid.
- Shake, Shake, Shake
- Open up the lid and read the number under the penny.
- Write out your math equation on your white paper (example 1 + 4 =).
- Each person playing writes their own equation and solves their own problem to earn a quarter.
- The first person to receive 4 quarters wins the game.
Now with this Home School Crafts math game we are using addition at the moment, but you can also use subtraction and multiplication as your child advances.
Have fun with our new Home School Game, Have fun and Love to Learn! 🙂