If you had seen how excited I was when my Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop arrived, you’d probably think I was crazy. I couldn’t wait to test it on my floors! You’ve seen pictures of my home, I’m sure (maybe). 80% of my house is tiled, 15% is laminate and 5% is carpet; plus I have some really pretty rugs. The Twin Tank Steam Mop not only works on wood, tile, linoleum and laminate, but also works on carpets and rugs! It was perfect.
Here are the Features of the Twin Tank Steam Mop:
- Out Cleans other steam mops1 – CE testing to prove we out clean other leading steam mops when using the proprietary Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Disinfects & Kills or Removes(2) greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria(3) with steam alone including MRSA, Staph, and Salmonella
- TwinTank™ Technology – allows users to keep our 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution and water separate for total control; Disinfect with steam alone2 or OUT CLEAN other steam mops(1) with Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Solution Control Dial – users can easily control the amount of cleaning solution used to meet the needs of any cleaning job
- 30-Foot Power Cord – consumers can clean more areas of their home without re-plugging
- Removable Tanks – for easy filling and emptying convenience
- Triangular Swivel Mop Head – the mop head can pivot and maneuver into tight corners and along baseboards
- Carpet Glider – refresh rugs and carpet
- Microfiber Triangle Pads – ideal for cleaning multiple flooring types
- Soft-Touch Grip – designed for comfort with a soft-touch grip on the inside
- Cord Release – Features a rotating quick release
- “Steam Ready” Indicator LED – alerts users when steamer is heated and ready for use
It is very simple to figure out, although it does come with an instructional manual that I read thoroughly. The back of the steam mop has a compartment for the Solution and the front has a compartment for the Water. Each is marked Solution – Water, so it’s really difficult to mess up. There are also instructions on how to dilute the Solution, which I did have to do for my tiled floors.
As far as the cleaning goes, it does a miraculous job. I did at first use full solution for my kitchen and waited to see how it felt on bare feet before going any further. It did feel as if it left a slight residue so I went ahead and did 1/2 Solution & 1/2 Water mix in the solution container. It made a huge difference. The floors were still beautifully cleaned, but also weren’t sticky in any way. There are multiple dials on the Twin Tank Steam Mop for Solution, Steam (aka Water) only, Spot cleaning and Heavy areas. You can adjust based on the necessity of your floors. I did use full solution if there was a really bad sticky problem, which comes up from time to time with a 3 year old!
I love how it helped bring new life to our rug and carpets as well. There is a different pad and additional attachment for carpets that helps it ‘glide’ on the floor so it isn’t difficult to push. It really brought out the colors, since I hadn’t cleaned this rug since we got it! Plus it kills 99% of all harmful bacteria! Go, go Steam Mop!
I have a son with horrible allergies and it is Fall. Spring was bad, Summer was a little worse and Fall is terrible with the mold; so having this mop has been a wonderful life-savor. We’ve literally forked out thousands of dollars to help my son with his allergies and this mop has done so much good for his bedroom (which is laminate) than any other broom or cleaner has yet.
I am never, ever, going back to regular mops again! This is not just a mop, this is Moms-Super-Awesome-Amazing-Cleanerupper.
Also, it takes only 15 seconds to get warmed up and ready to go, there isn’t any need for a bucket, no sloppy wet job on the floor, no pushing dirty water, no clean up (outside of removing a pad and sticking it in the washing machine) and you can even use it without the Solution (in case you run out) and it still cleans the floors! If you are out looking for a new mop, stop wasting your money and buying those rags; this is going to save you a lot of time, a lot of headache and actually do the job right.
Connect: You can connect with Hoover on their Facebook Page and/or on Youtube.
Purchase: You can pick up the Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop at Target or even on Amazon!
1 When used with Hoover SteamPlus Cleaning Solution. Compared to other Steam Mop models tested on hard floors per FCTP-0287p.
2 On hard floors, when used per owner?s manual instructions.
3 Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538, Salmonella enteric ATCC 10708, S. aureus 33592 (MRSA).