~I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kohl’s. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.~
Having a teen and a tot makes shopping for back-to-school pretty interesting at times. My teen went from not caring very much what he was wearing to deciding he had to be stylish after meeting girls last year; plus he somehow went from youth clothes to men’s clothes since last season. My tot has become overly interesting in his clothes as he’s becoming more independent. I can’t go shopping anywhere without him having some say in what I am picking up and so mostly he winds up with a lot of truck shirts. Having two kids with oddly particular fashion concepts, the best place for me to go is Kohl’s. They have spot-on seasonal fashion for my teen, a variety of toddler/kids clothing with favorite characters (and vehicles) for my tot.
Also, my tot is in love with Kohl’s little kid’s corner. It’s a nice little place where he can sit and read while I can spy back-to-school deals in the kids section.
The other big difference with shopping back-to-school with tots vs. teens is the type of supplies they need. My toddler is in Early Education and so mostly he just needs some crayons, tissues, craft objects and a bookbag. My teen, however, needs a list that could occupy a room all on its own. Kohl’s has supplies for pre-schooler’s on up to college, so you don’t have to worry about whether they have supplies in your child’s age group.
They also always have great deals, but back-to-school time has really brought a whole new level of shopping inexpensively for clothes and supplies. It almost seems like everything is on sale! Here are some ways you can really save on your trip!
- Look for Clearance for 50-70% OFF racks.
- Sign up for Kohl’s Reward Card to automatically save 15%
- If you plan to spend near or over $50, remember you get $10 Kohl’s Cash for each $50 spent! You can use the Kohl’s cash (before the expiration date) to get more supplies!
- Sign up for Sale Alerts and automatically get a $5 off your next In-Store purchase or 10% Off your online purchase!
- Save 15% on your next order by signing up for Mobile Alerts!
- Sign up for the Kohl’s Card and receive 15% off your next order and 15-30% on regular, sale and clearance merchandise 12 times a year!
- Keep an eye out in your Sunday Paper for the Kohl’s weekly booklet which always has a coupon for In-Store purchases! If you don’t have it available, you can pull it up on your Smartphone and have them scan it at the register.
You can couple some deals together, like using your Kohl’s Card & Kohl’s Cash. I was able to get over $300 worth of clothes for a little over $90, but that is for another post! Check back later and see how back-to-school shopping trip turned out and also lots of cute pictures of my boys in Kohl’s style!