Everyone knows how exhausting holiday shopping can be, plus when you are out all day you usually end up snacking on all that unhealthy mall food. I was pretty excited to find out this holiday season, Jamba Juice®, is partnering with nutrition expert and media personality, Tara Gidus, to help offer health and nutrition tips to encourage healthy eating habits during the holidays. The tips will be delivered by Jamba Juice via Facebook, Twitter and the Jamba website.
“I work with Jamba Juice because of their commitment to good nutrition,” says Tara Gidus, registered dietician and nutritionist. “Their use of whole fruit and quality ingredients as well as their array of nutritious products make them a home run when you’re looking for on-the-go choices, whether it’s for a snack or meal replacement.”
Ms. Gidus shares these tips for holiday shoppers on-the-go:
- Stay hydrated and fueled while you’re shopping, and make sure you have breakfast
- To keep your energy up, have snacks in between your meals. Don’t forget the importance of fruit!
- For meals, make sure you have a nice balance of carbohydrates and protein. Carbohydrates give you immediate energy, and protein gives you lasting energy and keeps you satisfied and fueled.
- If you are near a Jamba Juice and are looking for a satisfying, healthy meal replacement, I would recommend trying fruit smoothies with soy or yogurt for protein, or adding a protein boost to your favorite fruit smoothie.
These tips will really come in handy for me! I have a huge family and tons of shopping to do so I will definitely make sure I am getting all the fuel I need to shop til I drop!
Jamba Juice offers several high-protein, fruit-forward options to keep you going during holiday shopping marathons, including:
- Protein Berry Workout™ (17-22 grams of protein depending on size)
- Probiotic Fruit and Yogurt Blends (in three flavors: Strawberries Alive, Vibrant Blueberry, and Thrivin’ Mango and with 8-21 grams of protein, depending on size. Fruit Veggie Smoothies with a Cheddar Tomato Twist make a convenient meal that provides 3 full servings of fruits and vegetables
- Soy Protein Boost (eight grams of protein) or the Whey Protein Boost (10 grams of protein) that you can add to any smoothie.