Now I know that we have ALL been here before! Holidays, friends, family and most of all FOOD! It seems like there is always an endless supply of food around the house this time of the year. Candy dishes full, cookies laying on a plate on the kitchen table and family get togethers that require major cooking. Personally this is described perfectly for me and my family. I am in constant worry of eating too much and giving in to the delicious food way more than I should. Having had a sweet baby girl almost 5 months ago I really am pressing myself to keep track and be aware of how much taste testing I do and control my plate portions.
I think we have all been here before and vowed to “Do Good This Holiday!” Or the ever timeless, “New Years Resolution.” Come on ladies you know what I am talking about, the telling yourself it’s okay to slip a little and you will make up for it when the holidays have passed and you will stick to your New Years Resolution. In my case this doesn’t work out so well! I have always been the type to tell myself “It’s okay” or “I will work out harder next week!”
Really not this year, this is not going to be me this year! I have made a promise to myself and for myself that I am going to have self control. I hate the feeling of disappointment and guilt that I leave myself feeling like after the house is empty and all of the food is gone. So that is why this year is different.
I am healthier and feeling great so why would I want to change this. I am not on a strict diet or exercise program I am still a mother after all and I do like to eat. I just control my portions and eat healthier snacks. My kids don’t seem to mind those snacks either like a bowl of grapes, string cheese, yogurt, or one of my favorites, apples and peanut butter. I also don’t have a ton of time to exercise but I do find time (while my little baby girl is taking a nap) to do some stretches and a few Pilate’s exercises to help with my chronic back pain.
This has worked for me and I plan to continue down this path for myself. I know it is difficult and you may think time consuming but it isn’t really and once you get into that routine you won’t want to miss a day of it and you will love how you feel. There are so many programs out there to help assist you and keep you on the right track.
Let’s Fight Holiday Fat from Alli is a wonderful tool to have. When I signed up, it is so simple and easy to use. It is based off what you have in mind for yourself, how you would like to shape your body, showing you specific workouts that aren’t time consuming and all you have to do is sign in and help is right at your finger tips.
Let’s Fight Holiday Fat Program:
- Schedule – giving you a monthly calender keeping track of your workouts and when you click on your Today Icon a workout video is there for you to view.
- Meals and Recipes – you will have a recipe of the day along with total access to tons of snack or meal recipes
- Journal – you have a personal journal for you to keep progress notes in for yourself
- Progress – this will allow you to view on a chart how your progress is heading to your goal
- Calorie Log – this will allow you to keep accurate count of your calorie intake
- Photos– you will be able to see your progress through your very own photos
One of my favorite recipes and I just love breakfast….any time of day:
Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 lg banana, peeled and cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 1/2 cup sugar free strawberry preserve
- nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl combine oats and milk. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sift flour and baking powder onto waxed paper.
- Add flour mixture, egg and oil to oat mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in banana.
- Heat large griddle coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto griddle.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Microwave on high strawberry preserves or until hot.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or piece of fruit!
Give these holiday pancakes a taste and you’ll learn that fat and flavor don’t always have to be linked together. Most recipes are not intended as a complete meal, but for alli users, some of the recipes may already be at your calorie and fat gram target.
Keeping on your promise to yourself this holiday season is easier than you may think. Feeling better about yourself isn’t a bad thing it’s the feel good thing and you are not alone!
Finding Let’s Fight Holiday Fat – FREE
Giving yourself the tools to stay true to yourself – FREE
Feeling good about who you are – PRICELESS
Happy Holidays and I hope that you enjoy and cherish all of those precious family holiday memories as I do with my young children and family. For some of my family the holiday is the only time of year I get to see them and making it that more special.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for alli. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.