I tend to grab one of my kids snacks when I forget to get something for myself. It just reminds me that I really need to get out and get more snacks. Sometimes I completely fail as a parent and eat the last snack!
I was given the statistic information as well as some tips for packing up healthy lunches! I thought I would share them to make myself feel a little less guilty for sneaking off with my son’s peanut butter crackers.
- Leverage last night’s leftovers. Add instant rice to leftover chicken or transform leftover steak into a hearty chili
- Share a smile. Cut sandwiches into different shapes with cookie cutters, or write a note on a napkin
- Camouflage healthy snacks. Dole Real Fruit Bites are made from real dried fruit, coated with yogurt and sprinkled with toasted whole grain oats – Kids won’t be trading this snack
- Keep it cool. Think outside the thermos, and try freezing a yogurt cup or a juice box
- Snack attack. Grab snacks for your desk drawer or purse so you can have a quick bite
Hopefully some of these will work for you! I can say from experience with Dole Real Fruit Bites that they are extremely delicious and work great as a snack. Also, with most schools disallowing un-packaged snacks in the classroom, it’s a great alternative. I get to bring my son’s Pre-School a snack on his birthday and it has to be a) healthy b) packaged and c) not have any nuts. There goes cupcakes! I think the Dole Real Fruit Bites will make up for it though, kids really love them!
This is not a paid promotion. I was provided with the information, however, all opinions are my own.