I finally got a chance to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Pinkie Pie Party! I had written back in January that it was set to release exclusively at Walmart and I’ve finally gotten the time to sit and watch it.
Pinkie Pie Party is a collection of the best parties in Ponyville, complete with 5 Episodes and 2 Bonus Features.
- Feeling Pinkie Keen is the first on the DVD and the 15th episode on Season One. Twilight Sparkle realizes that Pinkie Pie has a unique ability to sense things that are going to happen, something that Pinkie Pie calls her “Pinkie Sense”. Twilight refuses to believe her despite the fact that all sorts of things start happening to her that Pinkie ‘predicts’. Although it isn’t about a party, it is really quite hilarious and teaches the wonderful lesson of believing.
- Party Of One is the second episode on Pinkie Pie Party and the 25th episode of Season One. Pinkie Pie invites all her friends to Gummy’s One Year Birthday Party which goes off beautifully with everyone having fun. She then sets out the next morning inviting everyone to Gummy’s AFTER Birthday Party that afternoon. When everyone starts coming up with odd reasons they can’t go, Pinkie Pie gets suspicious and starts investigating how all of her friends all the sudden became “busy”.
- Baby Cakes is the 13th episode from Season Two and is one of my personal favorites. It is the episode where Pinkie Pie begs to babysit the twin toddlers of Mr. & Mrs. Cake. After everyone declines to babysit, they finally succumb to Pinkie Pie’s offer. Baby Cakes has a lot of entertaining scenes where they mimic typical shots from horror flicks, though I’ll have to let you imagine what those are! Pinkie Pie eventually realizes that babysitting isn’t about being a playmate, that a caregiver has a lot of responsibility.
- A Friend in Deed is the 18th episode on Season Two and brings in a new character, Cranky Doodle Donkey. Pinkie Pie tries to befriend the cranky donkey but it turns out badly. Through several mishaps and antics that upset Cranky Doodle Donkey, Pinkie Pie tries to make it up to him and eventually learns in the process that not all friends are the same.
- Too Many Pinkie Pies is an episode from Season Three! It is actually the 3rd Episode on Season 3 and as my favorite number is 3, this makes it one of my favorites! If you ever said to yourself that you can’t get enough of Pinkie Pie, here is the episode for you. Pinkie Pie wants to spend time with all of her friends, but she doesn’t want to have to choose just one friend. This brings her the idea of cloning herself so that she doesn’t have to choose. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?
The Bonus Features on Pinkie Pie Party include a Sing Along and a Party Activity Kit! You can’t have a Pinkie Pie Party DVD without a Pinkie Pie Party Kit!
This is a really fun DVD. I loved the episodes they chose for it and it was a lot of fun to watch with my tot. You can pick up My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Pinkie Pie Party at Walmart!
Giveaway Winner: Entry #340 Jennifer G.
I received a copy for the purpose of reviewing. Opinions are my own and are not influenced by any form of compensation.