Thank you to NatureRaised Foods for sponsoring this article. Learn how NatureRaised Foods is “Doing What’s Right, Right from the Start™” in your area.
One of the simplest items to create meal ideas with is chicken. It is a very versatile item that you can pair with practically anything: rice, pasta, vegetables, soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. And making healthy meals for your family with chicken is just as easy. The only issue is that most families forget that eating healthy is not just about what you are pairing it with, but also what is inside of the chicken, what it has consumed that is being passed on and how it was processed and packaged to the store.
It may seem like a lot of information to try and figure out while standing there deciding on what to eat for dinner, so that’s why there are companies like NatureRaised Foods® that make it pretty obvious that the health of their poultry as well as their consumers is of the utmost importance. All of their products must meet their high standards.
- 100% All Natural Ingredients (minimally processed and no artificial ingredients)
- No Antibiotics
- 100% Vegetarian Diet – No animal proteins or bakery by-products that may contain egg. (That just seems a little wrong in your chicken’s diet!)
- No Added Hormones or Steroids
- Certified by Third-Party Animal Welfare Agencies
So I wanted to share with you a recipe that I had whipped up the other evening for my family and maybe it will help you out one night while you are meal planning with your family! Make sure to check your local grocer to see if they carry NatureRaised Foods® brand chicken!
Ingredients for Chicken Linguine:
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into cubes
- Package of Linguine
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1c of Broccoli
- 1c of Zucchini
- 3 lg Carrots
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1c of Parmesan
- ¼c of Heavy Whip
- 1c of Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper for taste
Ingredients for Goat Cheese Bruschetta Bites:
- Goat Cheese
- French Bread Breadsticks
- 2 Roma Tomatoes – diced
- Tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- Basil (optional)
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- Cook your Linguine as directed on the package.
- Add the olive oil, chicken, lemon juice and minced garlic to your skillet. Cook the chicken until it is done and golden brown and set aside. Leave the juice inside of the skillet.
- Add your vegetables, cover and cook on med-low until they are tender then put your chicken back in.
- Add your chicken broth, heavy whip and Parmesan cheese and let simmer for 15min.
- Toss with your cooked Linguine and voila!
- Slice your French Bread Breadsticks into bite-sized pieces and toast in the oven on 200’ until warm and a little crispy on the edges.
- Take your diced tomato, minced onion and Balsamic Vinegar and mix together; add in the fresh Basil if desired.
- Once your bread is warm and toasted, using a spoon, scoop a little goat cheese onto the bread and top off with the tomato mixture.
All of us care about what we are feeding our children and knowing where our food comes from is the first start. Take a moment and check out the NatureRaised Farms® brand on Facebook and/or @NatureRaised on Twitter.
Thank you NatureRaised Foods and Technorati for being sponsors of this article. All opinions expressed here are my own.