I have to say that this book is becoming more and more essential as social media advances. We’ve seen many disasters last year with brands regarding their reputations due to social media backlash. As the internet finds new ways to communicate and access individuals en masse, so must brand’s (and small businesses) evolve their goals to handle situations that they may not be accustomed to. Online Reputation Management for Dummies is more than just a book that shows you how to deal with crisis, it is a tool that assists in creating a reputation management system that works, how to establish a good reputation as well as discovering your influence.
These days your identity is more than just your personality or your vital statistics. It’s a valuable commodity. It can be bought and sold, damaged, tarnished, or even hijacked. It’s good advice to post nothing online that you don’t want your grandma to read, but make one little mistake and all the privacy settings in the world won’t do you any good.
Most people don’t realize that each Blog is their own Brand. Once the entertaining idea of reviewing products dies down, the reality kicks in that a blog is a business. Our names are our own brand and our reputation rests with the many fans (like you) that visit our blogs on a daily basis. Needless to say, that’s why I decided to review this particular guide.
Online Reputation Management for Dummies has 6 core Parts and individual Chapters; each Chapter has its own individual sections. It is incredibly easy to navigate, especially if you are looking for something specific.
Part I: Getting Started with Online Reputation Management
- Understanding Online Reputation Management
- Determining Your Online Reputation Management Approach
Part II: Organizing Your Teams
- Creating Your Everyday Team
- Recruiting Professionals for Your Crisis Team
Part III: Listening Is Love
- Choosing Your Best Monitoring Tools
- Researching Your SEO Keywords
- Setting Up Your Listening Tools
Part IV: Establishing Your Reputation
- Engaging Easily via Social Media
- Claiming Your Brand Online
- Creating Great Messages
- Tapping In to Focused Interest Groups
- Writing Your Way to the Top
- Using Visuals to Spread Your Message
- Discovering and Inspiring Brand Evangelists
Part V: Responding to Crisis: Your Step-by-Step Plan
- Managing Escalating Issues
- Managing a Crisis
- Promoting Goodwill
Part VI: The Part of Tens
- Ten Online Reputation Tips for Special Events
- Ten Ways to Faceplant Your Online Reputation
- Ten Ways to Create Happy Fans