Wow. We’ve come a long way! Two years and two days ago I started this blog without really knowing where I wanted to go with it, just that I wanted to write. A few phone calls and txts later and I brought my best friend Angie to begin the journey with me. Two sisters at heart with a need for a space we could call our own, tell our stories and let go the words of our lives.
My very first blog post was written while laying on a couch, staring out of a window and musing about how we were renting in suburbia. Renting the American Dream, it was called, and now 2 years later we own a home and have for the first time decorated our walls, unpacked all of our bags and settled in. It was a major step for us. My little tot turned 4, started Early Education and my teen went from the bullied poor grades kid to the socialite with almost straight A’s. It’s been quite an adventure!
And for Ang, well she had the exciting journey over the last few years of finally being able to have her wedding day and having a beautiful little girl she never expected she could have.
All of us here wanted to tell our readers about our most favorite companies we’ve worked with over the last few years, but unfortunately that was extremely hard to narrow down. So instead, I would like to take a moment to say thank you to the people who have blessed me every day, who have taken the time out to teach me the necessary tools to make this a business, offered me friendship and their very valuable time. There are also a few companies who have made such a huge impact on our families lives that I would like to mention for all of us.
- Mel from Outnumbered 3 to 1: For being my mentor, my friend and the entire reason this blog has come into its element the way it has. For always being there when I need help, whether in business or personally. For being the person I look up to the most in the ‘blogosphere’ and always giving me a chance.
- Cindy from Get Along Home: For being my bloggy friend, someone I admire and the reason I got into blogging in the first place. For giving me words that inspire me daily to think, to consider and ultimately push me towards a greater understanding of family.
- Cassie from The Baby Bum: For not only your time and the gift of your friendship, but for your words and your shoulder when it’s needed. For listening to my rants and raves unceasingly and for always always, giving me honest, unbiased counsel.
- Darcy from Tales From the Nursery: For your amazing She Promotes group that has been a tremendous resource to me as well as hundreds of other blogs: a place to learn, laugh, be a part of a community of like-minded people and find the value in yourself and your work.
- Yolanda from Sassy Mama in LA: For teaching all of us that being honest, true to ourselves and our story are more rewarding than momentary materials. For giving many of us the strength to find what we are worth and strive towards that, unceasingly, day after day.
- Wondermind Kids: For offering me a Multi Sensory Learning System that has been essential in my son’s development at home.
- Summer Infant: For providing Angie with a means of watching her special needs child and her infant safely with their BabyTouch Video Digital Monitor, this can be a lifesaver with a child on a ventilator.
- Walt Disney World Orlando: For allowing Rachel’s family to have an amazing vacation at Blizzard Beach and take home incredible lasting memories.
- Mobi Tech: For giving Sarah the opportunity to review a Mobi Tech Digital DXR that has been essential in taking care of her son from infant to toddler; as well as her new one on the way!
- Country Bobs: For blessing all of our families with an abundance of their amazing All Purpose Sauce and changing the way many of us eat!
- Warner Bros Entertainment: For being a company that has stuck beside us from the beginning and has provided all of our families with entertaining movies, crafts and fun!
- Mom Central, SoFab, Social Spark, Mom Spark, Mommy Parties, Mom Select, Smiley and more that have given us amazing opportunities throughout the last few years.