I visited My Handyworks while I was out Shopping Small during the Holidays. I had picked up these gorgeous wooden roses for my kitchen table, but something else had really warmed my heart to this small shop in Historic Downtown St. Charles, all the tiny handprints.
You see, My Handyworks is a shop where you can bring your children in to create works of art for fun, gifts or just to make memories. Whether it is a painting, a flower, a plaque, hearts crafts or ornaments, the children make them with the help of the artists that work behind the booths. They are all one of a kind creations that could never be repeated by another’s hand, because they are your child’s or grandchild’s. Although they do have many pieces you can purchase that are not personalized, I believe it is what makes this place one of my favorite local artist workshops.
Between Wednesday and Saturday, 11am to 6am, they will be featuring Mother’s Day Activities. Here is what they had sent me in an email as the features:
- Decorate a Flower Pot. Use handprints or even baby foot prints to decorate a flower pot for mom or grandma. Then use a paintbrush to finish the art project. Sizes and prices range from $10 to $16.
- Make a Calendar. Choose the month in which you’d like your calendar to begin. We use YOUR handprints or baby footprints (hands and footprints can come from more than one child) to create a design for each of the 12 months. $25.00 plus tax. Please allow one day turn around for paint to dry. You also decide what picture represents each month.
- 3D Wax Hand Plaque. Solid wax impressions of your children’s hands (hands can come from more than one child) are put onto a 1 by 2 foot board to design your plaque. Choose a theme such as beach, sports or hearts for the plaque then add a quote which can be painted between the hands or feet. “Here are my handprints so tiny and small Made for the best Mother of All. Happy Mother’s Day 2013.” Mother is interchangeable with any relative you would like. $45.00 plus tax. These are popular. Please give us more than a day for turn around time. If you come in on Saturday the 11th we will stay until the last plaque is finished.
- Handprint Paintings. $15 per painting. We create a picture of your choice around your handprints or baby foot prints. Framed for $15.
- You can also dip a live rose in wax and set it in your wax hand to give to mom.
If you are in the area, take a trip down with your kids. There is nothing more priceless than a gift created by the hands of our children on Mother’s Day. It is also a great way to support your local shops! The area is beautiful in the spring, right by the river on the cobblestone streets of Old Town. Have a coffee in the cafe, enjoy the afternoon getting messy with some paint and have fun creating memories!
You can find out more information about My Handyworks on their Facebook Page. They showcase a lot of their work in the photos and also have many more Events coming up during the Spring & Summer, so make sure to “Like” them!
I was not given anything for this promotion aside from the information as a subscriber. We are in full support of our local shops!