~I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Lionsgate. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.~
Shaun is back and heading into theaters with his own movie, Shaun the Sheep Movie! If you were a fan of the Wallace and Gromit series and film, then you already know many of the lovable characters hitting the big screen. But just in case you are a new fan, we wanted to introduce to you these incredible British icons and the new fun adventures to be had!
First let me give you a little background on the film and how it’s made. As with the previous films in the franchise, Shaun the Sheep Movie is a stop-motion animation. This is where they slowly manipulate objects (in this case clay) in order to make the characters appear to move. This is done with such precision as to make it appear as though they were moving on their own and much larger than the objects actually are.
I’ve always thought of Claymation as an artform. Just imagine the patience it must take to slowly create a whole film one tiny movement at a time. Amazing isn’t it!?
Shaun the Sheep had broken out of the Wallace and Gromit franchise and into it’s own television series in 2007. It follows Shaun and his flock’s crazy adventures on Mossy Bottom Farm. All of the episodes surround around the flock trying to find new sources of entertainment and having fun with human contraptions; it almost always winds up going a little crazy. The members of Shauns’ flock are:
- Shaun is the smallest sheep, he is the leader and the smartest of the bunch. Shaun likes to play tricks on his friends and is prone to mischief which sometimes leads the flock into trouble. However, he has a huge heart and always finds a solution in the end!
- Bitzer is the farmer’s loyal sheepdog, so he isn’t technically a part of the flock, but he thinks of himself as Shauns big brother. He typically keeps Shaun in check, but sometimes that can be really hard! He is often stuck between being the farmer’s loyal companion and Shaun’s watchdog. He does his best to help keep the flock from getting into too much trouble.
- Shirley is the largest member of the flock, but that also makes her pretty clever. She is easily three times the size of anyone else and can hide large objects in her woolly fleece.
- Timmy is Shaun’s little cousin and the flock’s only lamb. Shaun is his hero and he follows him no matter where he goes, dragging his little orange teddy along. (Timmy also has his own show, Timmy Time for little ones!)
- Timmy’s Mother is also the mother figure of the whole flock. She wears curlers in her topknot and always likes to look her best. She always does her best to keep everyone safe, especially when they go out into a brave new world!
- Hazel is a very shy and timid sheep whose nerves always get the best of her. When everything goes awry, Hazel starts to think she is in her worst nightmare, but she is a lot braver than she seems.
- Nuts is quite the odd sheep with two different shaped eyes, but useful and always accompanying Shaun. A daydreamer and a little quirky, but his unique skills always come in handy.
- The Twins are double the trouble. Loud and full of energy, these two are always picking fights with each other, but they do their best to help out when they are needed.
Judah loves the idea of stop-motion animation. We’ve played around a lot with his toys making videos, so Shaun the Sheep is really fascinating for him. He loves the Youtube videos where you can meet the characters. It shows pieces of the film as well as how they piece the scenes together.
You can find all the characters on their channel and let your kids meet them too!
So what is the film about? Well in this new adventure, Shaun decides he is going to take the day off and have some fun and accidentally sends the farmer off to the Big City where he has an accident and forgets who he is. Shaun and his flock find themselves far away from home on an adventure to save the farmer while dodging Trumper the animal warden. Along the way the flock realizes how much they need the farmer and how much they mean to each other.
I can’t wait to see the film with Tot. It’s already been bringing in phenomenal ratings and it’s not even out in theaters! It makes it way to the big screen on August 5th, a wonderful way to enjoy time with the kids before school starts.
To boost the fun, Serta is holding a “Shaun the Sheep Movie” sweepstakes, that runs from now through August 18th! Participants in the contest are eligible to win a Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress and a hometown screening for themselves and 100 friends! There are also weekly prizes leading up to the BIG prize:
- Two movie passes to see “Shaun the Sheep Movie”
- One “Shaun the Sheep Movie” plush toy
- One “Shaun the Sheep Movie” picture frame
- One “Shaun the Sheep Movie” junior novelization (book based on the movie)
- One Serta Counting Sheep plush toy
- One Serta Counting Sheep keychain
- One Serta Luxury Fleece blanket
On the last day, one lucky winner will receive the grand prize, so make sure to head over to Serta’s Facebook Page!