First of all, I generally do not forget to defrost things. However, it was to the world’s benefit that I had forgotten to defrost the ribs on Saturday because otherwise I would have never figured out this amazing Slow Cooker Country Style BBQ Ribs recipe! And let me tell you… these were so moist that they just peeled away from the bone.
- 1 Rack of Country Style Ribs (Frozen)
- 1 Sliced Med. White Onion
- 1/4c of Chicken Broth
- Bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Season Salt
- Pour 1/4c of chicken broth in the bottom of your slow cooker. Slice your onion and lay the pieces on the bottom before setting your frozen country style ribs on top of the onion. Sprinkle the ribs with season salt, garlic powder and black pepper. (You just need to do this to the top.) Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the ribs and sprinkle again with season salt, black pepper and garlic powder. The ribs should be well defrosted by now. Turn the slow cooker to LOW.
- After 5 1/2 hours, remove excess liquid at the bottom of the slow cooker. Coat the ribs in your choice of BBQ Sauce and let cook for another 1/2 hour.
- Ribs should pull straight away from the bone and be ready to serve!
- Be careful when separating the frozen ribs. I personally wrapped our package securely with plastic wrap and placed under cold water until ours were manageable (5-10min).
I hope you enjoy the recipe! I know my family devoured it. I think I am going to need to invest in a larger slow cooker so I can make a lot more! One thing is for sure though, if you want to impress your husband with some BBQ, this is going to do it!