~I received a DVD copy of the film for the purpose of review. Opinions and stories are my own.~
Sofia the First is an adorable animated T.V. series that stars the voice of Ariel Winter as Sofia, a “princess-in-training”. As it is a run-off from the Disney Princess line, it features many of the beloved Disney Princesses that help Sofia learn that there is a lot more to being a princess than wearing pretty gowns. The beautiful thing about the show is that it shares the importance of what is in your heart to young viewers. That being honest and caring, having compassion and love are important qualities – princess or not.
“Sofia the First” is set in the storybook world of Enchancia and tells the story of Princess Sofia, an adventurous little girl who is learning how to adjust to royal life after her mom marries the king and she becomes a princess overnight. Sofia quickly discovers that looking like a princess isn’t all that difficult, but possessing the characteristics of a true princess – honesty, loyalty, courage, independence, compassion and grace – is what makes one truly royal.
Sofia the First: Ready To Be A Princess features 5 episodes from the 1st Season, one which stars Jasmine!
- A Royal Mess: Prince James breaks a stained glass window in the castle and Sofia covers for him so he can go to the Goldenwing Circus. Sofia, James and Amber learn the importance of telling the truth.
- The Shy Princess: Sofia has to work with a shy classmate named Vivian, who she has heard rumors about and is scared to go to her castle. Sofia learns the importance of getting to know people and helping others.
- Blue Ribbon Bunny: The village fair is having a pet contest and Sofia wants to enter Clover, her rabbit, but she is worried he isn’t talented enough. Sofia learns the importance of friendship and loyalty.
- The Princess Test: The princesses all must take a Princess Test to show what they’ve learned at the Royal Prep Academy. Sofia gets advice from the other princesses about what it means to be a princess as she is new, but when the time comes, Sofia learns the real meaning of being a princess.
- Two To Tangu: Sofia and Amber take a magic carpet ride to the kingdom of Tangu, even though Amber is scared to try something new. After the carpet runs wild, Sofia and Amber have a side adventure of their own. With a special visit from Princess Jasmine, Sofia and Amber both learn how fun it is to learn something new.
Along with the DVD, Sofia the First: Ready To Be A Princess also has a Free Dress-Up Play Set with a wardrobe! It’s a beautiful little cardboard cut out princess kit that I think any wishful princess would love to have. The DVD and the Dress-Up Kit together would also make this a really special gift!
You can couple the DVD and Dress-Up Kit with these fun Sofia the First printables and have a little “princess” party of your own!
Connect: You can learn more about Sofia the First the T.V. Show, play games (like Sofia Dress Up!) and read about all the fun characters on Sofia the First webpage, on the Facebook Page and/or follow the Hashtag #DisneyJunior on Twitter!
Purchase: You can purchase Sofia the First: Ready To Be A Princess for $14.95 in the Disney Store!