For the very first time, Sports Illustrated Kids will be having a SportsParent of the Year contest! Modeled after the famed Sportsman and SportsKid of the Year awards, the SportsParent of the Year title will honor a parent who embodies the essence of sportsmanship. This is a way for SportsKid’s and Sportsmen to show appreciation for the role model who set the example for them and showed them dedication using sports to support family and their community. The SportsParent of the Year is a person who shows qualities that SI Kids aim to impart to children through a passion for sports, healthy living, good values and of course – fun!
The “2012 SportsParent of the Year” Grand Prize Winner will receive a $1,000 gift card to support his/her child’s or community team’s sports needs! The winner may also be featured in an upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated Kids magazine and/or on SIKids.com.
Here is how you enter your nomination!
- Decide who to submit for the award, whether it is yourself, your spouse or another parent
- Simply go to www.sikids.com/sportsparent and follow instructions to submit your nomination
- Remember there is (1) nomination per person or email account.
- “Like” the Sports Illustrated Kids Facebook page
- Share your entry with all of your friends and followers via social media (Twitter Hashtag: #SPOTY2012)
It’s also not too late to nominate a child you feel is extraordinary for SportsKid of the Year! You can enter your nomination until August 27th, 2012. The Grand Prize Winner of SportsKid of the Year will receive:
- Appearance on the cover of the December issue of Sports Illustrated Kids magazine
- Receive a trip to New York City to be honored at the Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year ceremony
- Receive a trip to Los Angeles, California, to present at the Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards show
- Get an awesome SKOTY jacket
SI Kids has given us a special offer to share with all of you! You can receive their August Tablet issue Completely Free! The tablet edition has everything the print edition has, but also includes bonus photos and interactive features. You can download the SI Kids App on your iPad or Kindle Fire and use these credentials:
There are a lot of amazing parents out there helping their children’s and communities teams. With the new school year coming up on many of us (already here for us MO Moms!), this would be a great way to help your school and your child’s favorite team! Give it a chance and nominate your SportsKid and a SportsParent for the chance of a lifetime!
Purchase: You can also receive an entire year subscription to Sports Illustrated Kids in Print or Tablet for only $19.95 by subscribing! Subscriptions not only include a years worth of an amazing kids magazine, but a free pull out poster in every subscription, sports cards and games, trivia and puzzles!
I received a received an SI Kids goody basket and a year subscription to Sports Illustrated Kids in conjunction with this post. All opinions are mine and are not influenced by any form of compensation.