~I received Super Why! ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and other fairytale adventures DVD from PBS in exchange for this post. Opinions and stories are my own.~
Super Why! is fun show that has a focus on books and literacy. This librarian mama fully approves! The main characters are characters taken from fairytale books. They form a group of “super readers” who are then faced with problems and they turn to books to help solve their problems. While reading the books they learn stuff to help their issues while also earning letters that will come in handy in the end of the episode to find their answer.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas – ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, and all through Storybrook Village, not a creature was stirring…except for Whyatt, who has an important question for Santa! So the Super Readers catch up with Santa and his reindeer as they gallop from rooftop to rooftop and unravel the mystery of Santa’s childhood, discovering along the way how to help spread the magic of the holiday.
- The Ghost Who was Afraid of Halloween – It’s Halloween in Storybrook Village and Pig is so frightened, he won’t go Trick or Treating with his friends! The Super Readers pay a storybook visit to Little Ghost, who’s a bit of a scaredy cat himself, to teach him there’s more to Halloween than meets the eye!
- The Three Feathers – All aboard! Pig and his brothers are building a train set but Pig’s negative attitude has stopped him in his tracks! The Super Readers encounter a young prince about to embark on a race to find a magic carpet! The only problem is the prince doesn’t think he can do it! As the Super Readers journey towards the magic carpet, they wonder if they’ll be able to change the prince’s outlook.
- The Stars in the Sky – Princess Pea wants to play in a rainbow, but her mother says it simply can’t be done! So the Super Readers soar into the story The Stars in the Sky and accompany a little girl named Ella with a big dream of her own! As the Super Readers climb higher and higher they begin to wonder – will they play with the stars, or merely wish on them?
In these stories kids learn about consideration, magic, backing, and self-improvement. Kids also investigate the alphabet, practice spelling, use words, and use the power to read to change the story!
- Interactive Games
- Music Videos
- Printable Activities & Coloring Pages
- Resources for Parents
The Super Why! website includes several fun educational games for preschoolers. My preschooler considers it an extra special treat when I allow her on the computer to play these games. She enjoys being a big girl by playing the computer and she is learning all at the same time. A win in my book and these fun games are all free! This educational DVD is sure to be a big hit with kids this holiday season!
Purchase: You can purchase Super Why: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and other fairytale adventures DVD for $9.99. By purchasing through PBS Shop instead of other retailers, you are helping to support innovative and educational programming for all of us.