~I received a pair of AfterShockz Trekz Titanium Headphones for the purpose of this review.~
I’ve tried a lot of different headphones, wired and wireless. I spend a great deal of my free time watching my shows at night or listening to music while I work; so my headphones become an extension of my body. I used to think all headphones were pretty much the same, a few better than others, but nothing really unique. I’d never had a favorite pair I preferred. Then a pair of Trekz Titanium Wireless Headphones wound up at my door and changed everything. They were the first pair of headphones I had ever seen without earbuds and they came with earplugs of all things! It was all very strange at first, but kind of exciting. The first thing I noticed was how comfortable they were. Over time I would forget I had them on even though I’d turned off a show and walked away. They honestly became a part of me.
The second thing I noticed was that I could hear what I was listening to crystal clear as well as the sounds around me. This way I could wear my headphones and still hear my son if he called for me or if someone came to the door. Although this is very convenient for me, it could be a lifesaver for those of you who are into running, walking or jogging outside. The ability to hear if a vehicle is coming close or sirens are sounding could make a huge difference in your safety. How this works is that Trekz Titanium headphones are made with bone conduction technology that delivers the music through your cheekbones, which ensures that your ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds around you.
And yes, you can still shut out the world! What did you think those earplugs were for? They cut out the ambient noise and boost the volume inside your head. Make sure you turn it down first or you will get a very big surprise.
The package includes the headphones, earplugs, cushioned ear pieces that go around the speakers for comfort, a charging cable, instructions and a cute little bag to put everything in.
Trekz Titanium comes with many other great features.
- Titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible for durability and portability
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
- Wireless Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
- Hassle-free 2-year warranty
These headphones may have been made with athletic people in mind, but I recommend them for parents! If you can’t turn your T.V. up loud at night while the kids are sleeping and you have to keep an ear out in case one of them gets up, but you really want to binge watch that new show you heard about, these are for you.
There’s only one thing I need to let you know. Remember to turn them off when you’re finished. I say this because there have been so many times people have called me and I forgot to turn them off so I couldn’t hear them on the other line! I’d wind up having to tell them to hold on while I found them and turned them off. They have a pretty long Bluetooth range and they’ll pick up your phone very fast.
Trekz Titanium also comes in a Mini size for your little mini me’s. Just think… if they had a pair of these they couldn’t say they didn’t hear you!