~As a Fox Home Entertainment Insider, I received a copy of How To Train Your Dragon 2 for the purpose of reviewing. Opinions and stories are my own.~
As a fan of the original, I’ve been waiting a long time for the sequel! And I am not the only one. How To Train Your Dragon 2 is currently the highest grossing animated film to date for 2014 and one of the best reviewed films of the year! The Blu-ray / DVD releases on November 11th, but if you can’t wait that long it has already been out on Digital HD since October 21st; which you can catch at Amazon, Vudu or iTunes!
This is the second chapter in the How to Train Your Dragon Trilogy and starts off 5 years after the first. Hiccup and Toothless have successfully united all the dragons and their friends are off having fun in dragon races. After journeying through the skies, Hiccup and Toothless discover a secret ice cave with wild dragons and a mysterious Dragon Rider. This leads to an epic battle to save the future of men and dragons!
- Hiccup – Jay Baruchel (This Is The End)
- Valka – Two-time Academy Award® winner Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
- Stoick – Gerard Butler (Olympus Has Fallen)
- Gobber – Craig Ferguson (“The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson”)
- Astrid – America Ferrera (“Ugly Betty”)
- Snotlout – Academy Award® nominee Jonah Hill (The Wolf of Wall Street)
- Fishlegs – Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Neighbors)
- Tuffnut – T.J. Miller (“Silicon Valley”)
- Ruffnut – Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids)
- Drago Bludvist – Academy Award® nominee Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond)
- Eret – Kit Harington (“Game of Thrones”)
There will also be hours of bonus materials available which I’ll feature in more detail once the Blu-ray arrives. Until then, here’s a little peek!
- Four exclusive featurettes
- Deleted scenes
- 60-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of the film
While you are waiting the digital release, or waiting for the Blu-ray Combo, here’s some fun paper cut-outs of Toothless and Hiccup!
Now your little dragon fans can have adventures finding new dragons at home with Hiccup and Toothless! Stay tuned for more activities and coloring pages! To join in the fun everyone is having with the release, check out #HTTYD2 Hashtag on Twitter and Facebook! You can also find more videos and information on the How To Train Your Dragon website!
Giveaway Winner: Rich M.