~I received compensation for this post, but all opinions are my own.~
When it comes to my 3 year old and math she prefers learning with a hands on approach. Sure, she loves her iPad and she has plenty of educational apps on it but when it comes right down to it she seems to respond better to actually being able to reach out and touch what she is counting with at this young age. The new and exciting way to combine both hands on math and the ipad together is with Tiggly Counts from Tiggly.
Tiggly Counts is the first iPad math toy intended for children ages 3 and older. Inspired by classic cuisenaire rods used in Montessori education, Tiggly Counts includes a set of five colorful counting Toys that interact with three parent-‐ and educator-‐approved Tiggly iPad learning apps. The combination of physical and digital play helps children develop their number sense, counting skills, and understanding of math operations, such as addition and subtraction.
You can download all the apps for free from the app store starting in November.
- Tiggly Addventure: Tiggly sets off an adventure to deliver the most delicious apple in Tiggly Town to his beloved grandmother! Along the way, Tiggly will need you to use your counting toys to build bridges, ladders, and much more to help him overcome challenges on the land, sea, and even outer space!
- Tiggly Cardtoons: A world of playful and surprising learning comes alive at the speed of imagination as your child uses their counting toys. Two pieces of cardboard become a juggling owl, or a hungry shark with a taste for apples, or a rumbling truck carrying… snakes?!
- Tiggly Chef: Emergency in the kitchen! Tiggly Town’s greatest, most mustachioed Chef needs help, and only you and your counting toys can prepare his preposterously silly recipes. Think you can beat the Chef at his own game? Devise your own kooky culinary concoctions in one of Chef’s three kitchens!
The apps come in 10 different languages!
Learning skills that one will develop while playing with the apps:
- Tiggly Addventure introduces the child to number line concepts while helping him improve his number sense and counting skills.
- Tiggly Cardtoons will help your child learn basic math ideas such as one-to-one matching, counting, and equal sets
- Chef will help your child learn numbers and early addition concepts; he will introduce him/her to math symbols, and encourage them to follow instructions and to think flexibly.
Even though Tiggly Counts doesn’t launch until October 21, they’ve already won the 2014 Tillywig Brain Child Award as one of the most “exciting products that energize the mind while seamlessly blending fun and learning.” The counts are easy to use and safe on ipads which is always a plust with us moms. Tiggly Counts will delight every child, and become every parent’s dream come true when it comes to learning math! I am all about making math more fun for both my girls and I can only imagine my 6 year old will love playing with these Tiggly Counts with my 3 year old and helping her out in the way only a big sister can. These are truly a unique gameplay experience that merges physical and digital play in an engaging and developmentally appropriate way.
Do you have a little learner that would love this?
SPECIAL CODE: 30% off TIGGLYCOUNTS that expires on 11/21.
Giveaway: How would you like to win a set of Tiggly Counts? Simply fill out the Rafflecopter Form below for your chance to win!