~I received My Little Pony: The Complete Series on DVD for review. Opinions and stories about my most loved cartoon as a child are mine.~
One of the most vivid birthday’s I can recall is the one where I got my first My Little Pony. It was my favorite show when I was little and I am so excited it came back last week on DVD; the full 65 episodes! Whether you want to go back to Ponyland or take along your little fans, you can visit all the Earth Ponies, Unicorns, Pegasus Ponies, Flutter Ponies, Sea Ponies and Baby Ponies for 12 hours of cartoon classic bliss.
The original My Little Pony came out in 1986, can you believe it! Although I do like the new modern ponies, there was something special about the originals. Maybe because it was made for 4-7 year old girls like I was and stayed being girly girly for years to come. That doesn’t mean they didn’t have problems in Ponyland! There were witches, goblins, grundles and more who wanted to harm or enslave them, but the ponies would always come together to bring peace and harmony. That’s what classic cartoons were all about!
Here’s a rundown of the different ponies and all the lovely characters you’ll find in Paradise Estates.
- Earth Ponies were the original style pony you would see for toys. They are brightly colored, but don’t fly or have any special powers.
- Pegasus Ponies have feathered wings like birds and are able to fly.
- Flutter Ponies have beautiful dragon fly like wings and have magic. They live in Flutter Valley.
- Sea Ponies are seahorse-like and live in the rivers and lakes of Dream Valley. There are also Baby Sea Ponies that wear little floats.
- Unicorns have their special horns that each have a special power. They can also teleport or ‘wink in and out’.
- Spike is their best friend baby dragon who lives with the Ponies after he had been separated from his kind.
- Bushwoolies are the cutest little furballs! They all think alike and are led by a blue Bushwoolie named Hugster.
- Furbobs are related to the Bushwoolies, but they walk on four legs instead of two.
- Stone Backs are a ferocious looking species and the enemies of the Furbobs.
- Grundles are creatures ruled by the Grundle King in Grundleland.
- Reeka & Draggle are witches and the daughters of Hydia (the most evil witch).
- Megan, Danny and Molly are human friends who fly across the rainbow to Ponyland.
My Little Pony: The Complete Series covers Season One (1986) and Season Two (1987). Since most of the episodes are in parts, here is a peek at what you’ll find on the 4 Discs.
- The End of Flutter Valley 1-10
- The Ghost of Paradise Estate 1-4
- The Great Rainbow Caper
- The Glass Princess 1-3
- The Glass Princess 4
- Pony Puppy
- Bright Lights 1-4
- Sweet Stuff and The Treasure Hunt
- The Return of Tambelon 1-4
- Little Piece of Magic
- The Magic Coins 1-4
- Mish Mash Melee
- Woe Is Me 1 & 2
- Fugitive Flowers 1 & 2
- Would Be Dragonslayer
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside 1 & 2
- Crunch the Rockdog 1 & 2
- The Revolt of Paradise Estate 1 & 2
- Through the Door 1 & 2
- Rescue From Midnight Castle 1 & 2
- The Queen of The Princess Ponies 1-4
- Spike’s Search
- The Golden Horseshoes 1 & 2
- Flight to Cloud Castle 1 & 2
- The Ice Cream Wars
- Somnambula 1 & 2
- The Prince and the Ponies
- Escape From Catrina 1 & 2
It’s always fun to have a look at where it all began, especially if you are fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! There’s such an incredible difference between the two and somehow both of them find the hearts of little ones just the same.
You can pick up My Little Pony: The Complete Series at Shout! Factory. A great pick for the Holidays and for all you MLB fans out there!