This Saturday I will be participating in Family Safety Day with the St. Louis Fire Department. They are actually one of the first two Fire Departments to participate in the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery Campaign 25 years ago!
Change Your Clock Change Your Battery is a program sponsored by Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and more than 6400 Fire Departments nationwide. They not only take time to remind people of the important of changing their clocks, but to change their batteries on their smoke and monoxide detectors which could be life saving.
“We began the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program with the IAFC 25 years ago to do our part in helping to keep families safe, “said Michelle Atkinson, Vice President of Marketing for Energizer North America. “Today it’s amazing to look back and see how the more than four million batteries donated through hundreds of neighborhood canvasses has translated to countless lives being saved. It’s another example of our philosophy of – that’s positivenergy brought to life. We are grateful to the IAFC, local fire departments across the country and this year Cal Ripken, Jr. for helping us share this message and make a positive impact.”
On Saturday we’ll be heading over to the Schnuck’s at Hampton & Gravois to join the Energizer Bunny and the StL Fire Department for lots of Family Safety Fun!
- Play on real firetrucks
- Learn tips from the St. Louis Fire Department
- Create a fire escape plan
- Join firefighters and volunteers to go on a neighborhood canvas providing fire safety inspections and giving away free batteries.
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
- One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (AA) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
- Two Energizer flashlights
- Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
- One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
- One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
I received a Family Safety Kit and was invited to Family Safety Day from Energizer. The opinions in this post are mine and are not influenced by any form of compensation.