Walt Disney Studios brings the magic of the Hundred Acre Wood to life with “The Tigger Movie,” bouncing onto Blu-ray high definition and HD Digital for the first time on August 21, 2012. Featuring new digitally enhanced picture and sound and exclusive bonus features, “The Tigger Movie” Bounce-A-Riffic Special Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack invites families to relive the childhood fun of the one and only Tigger.
So it’s no secret here, my family loves anything Disney. Naturally we were more than thrilled to find out we were receiving The Tigger Movie. This movie was originally released in 2000, but was just re-released on Blu-ray high definition. My kids are so young that they actually have never seen this movie so to them it was brand new. I was extra excited because Tigger was always my favorite of the Hundred Acre Wood gang.
This movie was really adorable. My daughter and I watched it alone the first time and she just loved it. It has some really cute songs in it and she was dancing around the whole room! My son came up just as the movie was ending and decided he wanted to watch it as well so we started it over and watched it again. The clip below is actually from part of our favorite part. It goes on longer than the clip but it has such a fun song that all 3 of us were dancing around the room!
This movie is all about Tigger’s search for members of his family tree, other Tiggers that look like him. He has quite the adventure along the way eventually learning that family is the ones you love not necessarily ones that look like you. I think this is a great lesson to learn.
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (1 Disc Blu-ray + 1 Disc DVD
- Disney Intermission – While the film is paused, young viewers are entertained with fun and engaging Hundred Acre Wood themed games and activities.
- “A Tigger Tale” – This featurette includes interviews with director Jun Falkenstein, producer Cheryl Abood, art director Toby Bluth, animator Jeff Johnson and composer Richard Sherman who discuss how Tigger’s literary and film history influenced “The Tigger Movie.”
- 10 Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh shorts – The journey continues with these 10 animated shorts featuring all of the Hundred Acre Wood characters.
- Round My Family TreeSing-Along Song – In this feature, fans can sing along with Tigger as the lyrics are highlighted on screen.
- Kenny Loggins Music Video “Your Heart Will Lead You Home” – Singer/songwriter Kenny Loggins reunites with the Hundred Acre Wood characters in this heartwarming music video.
I LOVE the intermission feature! My kids always get mad if we have to pause a movie. The special intermission feature has cute little games to entertain the little ones if you need to answer the phone or take another little one for a potty break.
I received a copy for the purpose of review. Opinions are my own or my families and are not influenced by any form of compensation.