It has been 7 weeks for me and my baby girl. There are a few things that I have forgotten about. Things that are pretty much a package deal when having a baby.
Now don’t get me wrong when I mention these things I really do have a good baby. She is on the mild mannered side and is very easy going.
These just happen to be some things that I pretty much consider a standard, that come with the new baby household.
- The lack of sleep needs to be number one on the list for many reasons. Due to lack of sleep, you are more forgetful and seem to be more clumsy. Misplacing things left and right and always wondering where that bruise came from that is on your leg. You always hear “You need to sleep when the baby sleeps!” uhhh this is nearly impossible due to the millions of other things that need to be done around the house. Laundry, cleaning, cooking, homeschooling (for some) and the most important showering! God knows that the house won’t clean itself and someone just drank a glass of milk and surprise surprise they left the glass in the sink for you to wash. I sweep the floor every morning at 5am, something I did not do so early before.The to do list for the household chores can go on and on so I will stop there.
- The fact that you have become “Jumpy” and not induced from all of the coffee that you have recently been consuming to stay awake. If you weren’t jumpy before you will definitely notice yourself being jumpy. Hearing a strange noise you jump up fast to check it out. Making sure the baby is okay. This happens all hours of the day and night so you then begin to pretty much sleep with one eye open. You will notice yourself saying things like, “Was that the baby!” or “What was that, is the baby okay?”
- The countless number of clothes being changed around the house. I say this because it is not just the baby that needs to be changed when spit up happens to strike the moment. It’s whom ever is holding the baby or within a 5 foot radius of them. Not all the time but it seems to be once a day. So the stacks of clothes get piled up before you realize it and then it’s out of hand.
- You will now find yourself making funny noises all the time and not to mention the high pitched baby voice that has begun to take over your regular voice. 🙂 I love making my daughter laugh from a good belly raspberry.
- The back ground music that is constantly playing during dinner time. The up beat tones of those “moment freeing” items that come with the child’s swing, bouncy seat, or activity gym. You find yourself singing to these music notes all the time. You sing to your baby while you are just talking to them. Then you realize by the end of the day that you have successfully managed to preform in a musical theater and it was all done in your own home. 🙂
- The moment when you realize that you have just become a world champion in an eating contest. When the baby sonar goes off and tells them that you are about to do something for yourself….like eat. So you see how fast you can consume your food before you miss that meal all together. And YES this happens even when you have company over. Dinner guests, yep you will be the last to eat and it is guaranteed cold.
- Oh and this one is the best and probably the funniest! The chatter box that you have become around other adults! You don’t realize how long you have been away from adult conversation until your husband walks through the door and you haven’t shut up in two hours! Man I feel sorry for my brother, I see him a couple times a week and I can’t imagine how my jabber jaws just jab away.
|YEP it’s just one of those days 🙂|
There probably is more that I can add to this list but one of my kids is watching Phineas and Ferb right now and it is really loud and distracting. Feel free to tell me some that you would add to this list of “Things that I forgot about *After Having A BABY*!
They truly are things that you do forget about to. Some of these don’t last long…..or maybe you just get more use to them as time rolls on. As your child gets older these moments just don’t hang on in your memory file like all of the precious moments do. 🙂
I wouldn’t trade any one of these moments for anything in this world.