~Post made possible by ThrillerFest~
I am extremely excited to announce ThrillerFest VIII with special guest Anne Rice! ThrillerFest is exactly what you might imagine it to be: a four day celebration of Thriller novels with incredible special guests authors and the fans who love them!
This year ThrillerFest is moving into the Big Apple and has some really exciting things planned. First of all, the line up of special guest authors is incredible. Here’s a peek at who you may run into!
Anne Rice: One of America’s most read and celebrated authors, Anne Rice is known for weaving the visible and supernatural worlds together in epic stories that both entertain and challenge readers. Her books are rich tapestries of history, belief, philosophy, religion, and compelling characters that examine and extend our physical world beyond the limits we perceive.
R. L. Stine: The author of over 330 books for children. His Goosebumps, Fear Street, and other book series have sold nearly 400 million copies around the world, making him one of the best-selling children’s authors in history. Stine is a three-time winner of the Nickelodeon Children’s Choice Award and a recipient of the American Library Association Award.
Michael Connelly: Author of the number one New York Times bestsellers The Drop, The Fifth Witness, The Reversal, The Scarecrow, The Brass Verdict and The Lincoln Lawyer, as well as the Harry Bosch series. His most recent novel is The Black Box. A former newspaper reporter, Connelly has won numerous awards for his fiction.
T. Jefferson Parker: One of only three two-time winners of the prestigious Edgar Award for Best Novel, Parker is the bestselling author of 20 novels including L.A. Outlaws, Storm Runners, and the award-winning Silent Joe and California Girl. His most recent novel is The Famous and the Dead.
Michael Palmer: Famous for his bestselling medical and political suspense, Palmer’s most recent novel is was Political Suicide. His book, Extreme Measures, became a film starring Gene Hackman. A physician, Palmer helps doctors with physical and mental illness, as well as drug dependence and alcoholism.
Silver Bullet Award Recipient Steve Berry: The New York Times and number one internationally bestselling author of The Jefferson Key, The Columbus Affair and soon-to-be-released The King’s Deception and nine more novels, Berry will be honored for his philanthropic work on behalf of fellow writers and historic preservation.
The Event is held for 4 days, July 10-13th. It is broken up into different sections this year instead of being all wrapped up into one.
- Craftfest is the writing school taught by some of the greatest authors in the business, mostly New York Times Bestsellers. It covers everything from the first sentence to your finished project!
- AgentFest is where you will find the top agencies in the world looking for the next big writer! This is designed for authors who want to pitch their work and hopefully get seen. Although it is a Thriller Event, some agencies are looking for other works in Mystery, Non-Fiction, Romance, etc. Check out their Bios on ThrillerFest to see what they might be on the look out for and check out the FAQ to get an idea of what to bring with you.
- ThrillerFest Award Banquet is where they announce the Thriller Awards and have an incredible meal.
And here are some of the Event Highlights!
- ThrillerFest opens with a bang on Thursday night with a cocktail party hosting all authors, industry executives and conference attendees. Authors are open and accessible to chat with fans.
- Anne Rice, the 2013 ThrillerMaster, will be interviewed by her son, Christopher Rice, during a spotlight session.
- Author Daniel Palmer interviews his father, New York Times-bestselling novelist and ThrillerFest Spotlight guest Michael Palmer.
- Bestselling novelist MJ Rose interviews international bestselling author Steve Berry and Liz Berry about their non-profit History Matters. Steve is the 2013 ITW Silver Bullet Award recipient.
- A bestselling author of over 25 books, Jon Land interviews thriller-superstar and Spotlight guest Michael Connelly.
- Award-winning author D.P. Lyle, MD interviews T. Jefferson Parker, Spotlight guest and two-time winner of the Edgar Award for Best Novel.
- Aspiring writers get the chance to sharpen their prose and hone their agent pitch during CraftFest – a fabulous opportunity to learn from bestselling authors.
- AgentFest allows writers the unprecedented opportunity to meet face-to-face with some of the top agents in the business.
ThrillerFest isn’t just an incredible Event/Award Ceremony, it is also an amazing chance for up and coming writers. You can find out more information by visiting the ThrillerFest website and make sure to follow Hashtag #Thriller13 on Twitter!
I did not receive compensation for this post (but I did get an amazing Blog Tour Press Badge! Opinions are my own.