Embassy Suites Hotel, a Hilton Worldwide Brand, is just about everywhere or at least is close enough for most of us to enjoy a Staycation! They are one of Parents Magazines Top 10 Best Hotel Chains for Families and offer so much for guests, whether staycationing or vacationing. Here are some tips, courtesy of Embassy Suites, for enjoying your Vacations! First you have to find out what kind of Vacationer you are so you know what tips apply to you and your family. These results came from a Survey from Parents readers.
- Vacation Dabblers: Families who take vacations here and there throughout the year. (56% of Families)
- Vacation Extenders: Families who tack on vacation days to Holidays, Spring Break, etc. to get the most out of their vacation. (26% of Families)
- Vacation Maximizers: Families who bank of vacation days for one long trip. (13% of Families)
And here are the results that make me more prone to tell you about Staycations!
48% of families haven’t taken a medium length trip (3-4 nights) in over a year and more than half haven’t taken a longer vacation (5+ nights) over the past year. That’s 51%! But three quarters of families make sure that not a single vacation day is lost! Most reasons are because families are too busy now, children have obligations with sports/school, time off is uncoordinated with the family (especially spouses), which is why I’m a big promoter of Staycationing! They’re much easier to coordinate. However, either way you decide to get out with your family (vacation/staycation), having that time is essential for families to relax together, restore themselves and it also creates much needed family bonding.
1) Vacation isn’t just about the time you are away. Looking forward to an impending vacation improved your mood and makes it easier to work. It can actually make you more productive. As possible, plan trips in advance so you can look forward to them and enjoy the benefits of “vacation anticipation”.
2) There are ways to “more-‐imize” your vacation no matter how your family chooses to use their days off.
- If you’re a “vacation dabbler” take short vacations here and there throughout the year, actually use the days to relax and do something fun – not to run around and do errands all day. Vacation is about relaxation and recharging, so the way to actually reap those benefits is to relax and keep normal, everyday activities to a minimum.
- If you’re a “vacation maximizer” – meaning you take big, long trips – schedule a transition day between when you get back home and when you need to be back at work to allow a day for catching up on the work and errands that await you when you return from a trip.
3) Turn family obligation into a vacation opportunity. If your family can’t get away for a long vacation, but are traveling for family obligations, turn that trip into a mini getaway. Look for local family-friendly sightseeing opportunities and treat yourself to a special family dinner while you’re on the road.
4) Travel the night before to your family destination. There is nothing better than waking up and already being “on vacation” rather than spending a whole morning traveling to get there. It’s an easy way to maximize the first day away.
5) Make your vacation budget go further by staying at a hotel like Embassy Suites that gives you more with every stay, including two-room suites for your family to spread out, free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning and an evening reception with complimentary drinks and snacks.
6) Find the perfect balance of activities and relaxation for your family. Every family likes to spend their vacation time differently, so schedule a nap time and down time according to your family needs. Perhaps that means letting your family sleep in while on vacation, so you can get the most out of each day, without the usual afternoon nap.
7) Hold onto that post vacation rejuvenation feeling. Create a scrapbook or photo album of your vacation memories and remember to look at it often. Recalling fun, relaxing family times can help rejuvenate you when you’re stressed and need a burst of energy.
8) Make your vacation pay for itself by signing up for special travel rewards programs, including hotel and airline programs. The points you rack up can translate into special perks, including preferred reservations, complimentary services and even free stays!
These are wonderful tips that were written up by Dr. Susan Biali, Embassy Suites partner and author of “Live a Life You Love: 7 Steps to a Healthier, Happier, More Passionate You.
Embassy Suites Hotels offers some great advantages for vacations and staycations! With two-bedroom suites, free cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary drinks and snacks with evening managers reception every night! They also offer last minute deals on their website and you can always find local hotel packages. Our local hotel is offering a Build-a-Bear Workshop Explorer Package! It includes a Bear-sized Explorer hat, vest, pants, binoculars, canteen, butterfly catcher, passport, messenger bag, and a $5 off coupon valid at any participating Build-A-Bear Workshop store. I think that is so cute and special!
You can also get deals by booking early, so make sure you take the advice of planning in advance. Not only does it save you a lot of stress to be organized, but it also offers you discounted rates AND you get to have the “vacation anticipation” which doesn’t need to be minimized just because you might opt for a staycation. Look forward to time away!
As an Embassy Suites Ambassador, I’ll be staying the night at Embassy Suites! My family and I are having a little Staycation of our own and getting away from the everyday chores, bills and expectations and enjoying our time together. Embassy Suites has a great pool and hot tub at our location that I am going to live in for a few hours!
There are so many fun things to do here in St. Louis, MO. Tonight is the Fiesta Florissant! And they also have this amazing, one of a kind, museum; The City Museum! It is made from the very stuff of the city all recycled into one gigantic playground, fun-house, insane phenomenon. My children love it.
The great thing is, is that Embassy Suites Downtown is located in walking distance to The City Museum, The Arch and so many other St. Louis attractions! It’s really the perfect place to stay if you are ever considering visiting.
But for now I must say adieu, I am off to my Staycation with Embassy Suites today! I will be tweeting and taking lots and lots and lots of photos to show you how much fun you can have on a Staycation. I know the economy isn’t doing so great, but it doesn’t take a lot of money to get away for awhile. It just takes the motivation to save up a little and the desire to take your family out, even for one night, to forget all the troubles at home. I hope you all find a little time to get away this summer and enjoy the blissful moments that family bonding can bring.
Connect: You can connect to Embassy Suites via their Facebook Page and/or @EmbassySuites on Twitter. They’re having this great giveaway on their Facebook Page btw, “Get More Vacation” where 5 lucky families will win a week long vacation and $10,000 in spending cash! Check it out!
I wrote this review while participating in an Ambassador Program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Embassy Suites Hotels and received a one-night complimentary stay at an Embassy Suites Hotel to facilitate my reviews and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.