~This post is sponsored by Kohl’s. All opinions and stories are my own.~
Many years ago there was a time when I used to fly at least once a month. I had a love of the entire experience of traveling by plane, from picking up the ticket to the surge of anticipation upon landing. While shopping for luggage and accessories at Kohl’s for our Anniversary staycation and my oldest son’s upcoming flight, I started thinking about the items I always wished I had while flying. Since I had already covered my Must Have Items for summer road trips, here are my picks for flying off in style!
First of all, Kohl’s has this great deal on luggage currently. Since I only really have one suitcase that I’ve been carrying around for 16 years I really needed a new set. The problem was that my Teen also needed a set for his upcoming trip. As everyone in the world knows, luggage is not typically an inexpensive purchase. However, while I was out shopping around for items a few days ago I caught a deal for Buy One Get One for $1 on sets, pieces and bags! Right now online there is a BOGO 1/2 OFF Sale on many luggage pieces, which is why I always recommend stopping by your local store if you are able because you never know what great deals you’ll find!
- American Tourister Luggage: American Tourister Luggage is my favorite and they come in multiple colors! I have the Solar Rose and was able to get my son simple black. I prefer bolder colors because they’re easier to spot on the carousel.
- Rockland Luggage, 2-pc. Wheeled Expandable Luggage Set: This 2 piece set comes in 6 different colors and is extremely affordable if you are looking for lower priced luggage. Though if you want a bigger set you’d save more money with the BOGO 1/2 Off sale.
- Melissa & Doug Trunki: These are perfect for kids, come in a variety of colors and are currently on sale!
Along with luggage there are accessories you can pick up to make your trip more comfortable. I found a few items from Samsonite that I absolutely love.
The Samsonite 2-in-1 Neck Pillow is now my prized possession… well, when my Tot lets me have it. It can form into a a pillow that supports your neck or become a little mini pillow. It’s filled with Microbeads that adjust to your body and it has a removable cover for easy washing!
My other little go to item is the Samsonite Travel Tech Kit. For those of you that are used to your upright PCs, having a USB compatible mouse and numerical pad is nice to have. My husband much prefers the mouse over the swipe pad and so this is a must have item for us! Otherwise I’ll have to hear him complain about how sensitive the square is.
Other little Travel Tech items you should have in your Laptop Bag are:
- Power Stick Portable Power Bank to charge your Smartphone or Tablet.
- Lenmare Retractable Earbud Headphones so that the wires don’t get caught up in your bag.
You can also get a lot of laptop bags for 10% off right now because many of them are on the Back-to-School shelves! Check out some of my favorites by SOLO Luggage and OGIO!
- SOLO Luggage Laptop Overnight Travel Bag
- SOLO Luggage Wheeled Laptop Overnight Travel Bag
- OGIO Brooklyn Purse
- OGIO Phantom Black Orchid Wheeled Backpack
One thing I had gotten that I don’t have a picture for since I had wrapped it before realizing I didn’t have one, is the Travel Desk Clock & Photo Frame. When I used to travel all the time I had to wake up for photo shoots and never could rely on the in-room alarm clock. I thought how beautiful it would have been to wake up and see my family first thing in the morning when I was away and wanted my son to have that. It’s an alarm clock that you can put in a photo and I had put in our silly family photo so he’d always have us with him.
Many times it is the little things that make the whole experience of traveling worthwhile.
What items from Kohl’s would make your Must Have for Travel list?