~I received a pair of Arcopedico shoes for review. Opinions and stories are my own.~
Whether you are driving, riding or flying this summer, traveling requires a comfortable pair of shoes. There is nothing worse than arriving at a destination with blisters and sore ankles. I’d previously written about how Arcopédico is one of my most favorite brand of shoes at Outnumbered 3 to 1 this past Valentine’s Day. Their anatomical shoes help avoid back pain and pinched nerves, both of which I suffer from on a daily basis. So it should be no surprise that I would choose them as one of the best travel shoes!
Everyone’s travel comforts are different; so Arcopédico offered these 10 Tips For Finding the Perfect Travel Shoe with shoe options!
- Travel Light. Look for shoes that won’t weigh you (or your luggage) down. At a mere 10.9 ounces, the Arcopédico L2 is an excellent option, and the flexible, metal-free shanks also make a strategic choice for airport security lines.
- Keep it Compact. Instead of stiff, bulky footwear, stay streamlined with a shoe like the Cinderella, featuring an ultra-comfortable knit upper and slim enough to slide into pocket of a carry-on bag.
- Have a Support System. Don’t sacrifice support for portability or style. Skip the paper-thin sandals and opt for lightweight, arch-supporting shoes like Arcopédico’s signature twin-arch construction, to help prevent foot fatigue, cramps, and other travel woes.
- Plan to Get Dirty. The best travel shoes are ready for action and adventure—which can involve a bit of mud. Opt for a shoe that can easily be washed and ready to start anew tomorrow, such as Arcopédico’s washing-machine-friendly line of Lytech and Knit material shoes.
- Don’t Get Tied Up. Any frequent flyer knows shoes should be quick and easy to remove and replace for maximum efficiency in airport security lines. Look for comfortable slip-ons or shoes with quick fasteners like the Velcro® strap L45.
- Weather the Storm. Choose travel footwear that is ready for rain, and that will last the miles. For instance, Arcopédico footwear is made to endure, with tough, slip-resistant polyurethane soles and its resilient, leather-like Lytech line offers water-resistance.
- Loosen Up. As pressure increases with altitude in a plane or alpine train, feet tend to swell. Protect feet with flexible, circulation-supporting shoes, like the ultra-comfortable LS Shocks, offering a soft, sock-like sensation on the top of the foot for blood-flow and comfort.
- Don’t Sweat It. Foot moisture can lead to blister formation, unwelcome odors, general discomfort and fungus susceptibility. Choose shoes with proper ventilation and built-in bacteria-fighting properties, such as the LS Shocks, featuring breathable knit uppers and lined with patented anti-microbial SanSmell™ deodorizing technology.
- Be Realistic. As stylish as pointed toe shoes are, feet do not come to a point and they benefit from a broad, even plantar surface for balance, alignment, healthy weight-bearing and dexterity. Select anatomical shoes like the L15 —to avoid painful calluses, pinched nerves, and back pain.
- Walk Responsibly. Globetrotters have a special appreciation for the earth. Tread lightly by wearing shoes made from environmentally-friendly materials and processes, like the patented Arcopédico Lytech shoes, which are BioCalce certified, biodegradable, and vegan.
I had chosen to try out the L15 for the same reason I fell in love with the Rose Flats. The anatomical design allows for strong support of the arch which helps with my back. I walk a lot and I mean a LOT. My husband and I estimate that we must walk at least 2 miles a day at least, so I know the importance of having a good pair of shoes.
The great thing about the L15’s are that they’re also very roomy. At first they almost feel like slippers, but once you get to walking you realize that the design allows for weight and movement. I have the Red Suede style which has a water-resistant, breathable Lytech upper portion; so you don’t have to worry about getting them dirty because they’re washable! Just make sure you air dry them.
They are a wonderful pair of shoes that also come 10 different colors/styles. You can see examples of all of them on the product page.
- Black Suede
- Olas Black
- Olas Caffe
- Lagrimas Black
- Red Suede
- Blue Jean Suede
- Orange Suede
I could honestly wear these all day. They are soft, yet sturdy and give a pop of color to any outfit! If you are looking for a comfortable pair of traveling shoes, or a pair that will ease off your aching back, check out the sleek styles over at Arcopedico USA!