~This post is made in partnership with Shoebuy.com. Opinions and stories are my own.~
Summer is in full swing here in the Midwest. It’s dreadfully hot and humid, but bright and beautiful! Everyone has officially kicked off their high boots in favor of summer shoes and I wanted to share some of my favorites from Shoebuy.com! My personal pick was a pair of Keds Teacup CVO Crochet in black. If you remember from last year’s feature, I definitely favor the flat ballerina style!
The Keds Teacup style’s best feature is the crotchet detail because it allows a lot of airflow. They’re also easy slip on / slip off shoes with adorable laces on the toes! This style also comes in Natural Crotchet and White. Although many of the shoes on Shoebuy allow for you to choose the width, this style only comes in medium in a wide range of sizes.
I love them! They’re a very everyday on-the-go style that goes with just about everything, skirts, capri’s and shorts. It a cool breezy shoe that can go with relaxed or fashionable wear!
There are a few mainstay summer shoe styles available. Which one fits you best? Here’s a little bit of information on the different styles to help you find your favorite!
- Boat – Boat style shoes can also be called “flats” and are typically of canvas material with rubber soles and two or three hole laces.
- Flat / Ballet Flat – Another type of “flat” shoe is the Ballet Flat or “Dolly Shoes”. These have a very thin heel, sometimes with bindings, but mostly in slipper style.
- Sandals – Sandals are generally just a very thin sole with straps that fasten to the “foot” of the shoe.
- Wedges – On most raised shoe styles, the heel runs under the heel of your foot. The wedge, however, runs under the foot in a triangular shape. These range from low to high; which means not all of them are high heels. If you haven’t worn a wedge before, I recommend starting out with a smaller heel to start.
- Canvas – Canvas shoes are made of canvas materials with rubber soles. There are many different styles of canvas shoes, ranging from sneakers to flats. The most notable is the Converse Low Tops. However, my personal favorites are Keds; especially the Slip Ons!
No matter which style of summer shoe is your favorite, Shoebuy has you covered. And right now they are having a HOT Summer Sale on Sandals!
Make sure to sign up for ShoeFan Rewards. You receive 1pt for every $1 Spent, 200pts for referring a friend and more! You can then redeem those points on orders. Plus, they offer Free Shipping Everyday with NO minimum! What more could you ask for?
To learn about upcoming sales, discounts and coupons, follow along on their Facebook Page.