~Post made possible by Mazola Cooking Oil~
I’m currently working with Mazola on a few recipes of my own and wanted to share a few of theirs with you for 4th of July along with a few tips on Healthy Grilling! I figured most of you have BBQ’s set up and ready to go, but don’t forget your vegetables. Mazola Corn Oil offers many health benefits including:
- Corn oil contains the highest amount of naturally occurring plant sterols per serving.
- Corn oil contains four times as many sterols as olive oil and 40 percent more than canola oil.
- Research shows plant sterols, like the ones in Mazola corn oil, can significantly reduce the body’s cholesterol absorption.
Here is a great way to whip them up tonight!
- White Wine & Herb Vegetable Skewers are very simple to grill up and total about 45 minutes to prep, marinate and grill. Then take your favorite vegetables and serve them up right!
- Grilled Guacamole takes about 30 minutes and gives a new twist to the table favorite tip by actually grilling the avocados before mixing it all together!
- Grilled Asparagus with Champagne Vinaigrette is my favorite and is sure to wow your guests and takes only 15 minutes!
Make sure to follow these tips to have the best flavors come out while grilling!
- Marinate made right: Marinating meat helps to reduce carcinogens and lock in moisture so meat won’t dry out or toughen up. Go homemade and make your own marinades. Combine Mazola Corn Oil and Weber Seasonings Marinade Mixes for fresh flavors.
- Perfect pairings: Enhance grilled meats with the perfect summer side dishes. Keep the kitchen clean and grill up your sides.
- Desserts on the grill: Surprise diners with the unexpected. This Grilled Banana Split packs all the sweetness of summer into one bowl.
Remember while enjoying festivities at home or while you are out, to keep safe! After the holiday I’ll share my own recipes!